Bermagui Long weekend

Dfishin

Went down to bermagui again for the long weekend. fished Fri, Sat, sun

Friday started with me spending way too much money replacing my gear that got knocked off couple of weeks back. First up i wanted to see how the new jigging stick went. Couldnt get a strike from a kingy so had a bit of a bottom bash and managed one morwong, Pretty average

Saturday was a day to remember. The plan was to go and try for some blue eye cod for the first time. My old man was down there too and was planning to go out in his boat aswell but his partner was sick and couldnt go. So me and the old man went out together in my boat. We have been planning on chasing blue eye for some time now but just havnt got around to it. Anyway hit our mark at prob 10:30 after catching yellowtail and squid for bait on the way out.

pretty much first drop and we are on and 45 mins later a 15 Kg Blue eye cod is on the deck. Nothing for the rest of the day.

Sunday we hit the wide mark again. Lost what we are pretty sure to be another solid blue eye to gear faliure after only 100m from the bottom. Landed a Ribbon fish.Old man had had enough so we head back in to 120m and caught some quality reef fish. I land an average snapper we all got our fair share of Jackass Morwong, Flatties and decent size sea perch.

Good to get out fishing with the Old man again after fishing in seperate boats since i got my own.

Dave

We both got picture with Blue eye

post-17313-060213800 1339416987_thumb.jpg

post-17313-028752800 1339417223_thumb.jpg

post-17313-040776000 1339417447_thumb.jpg

post-17313-092121500 1339417535_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dfishin

Nice work mate. Some nice dinners to come!

How many meters of water were you in when you were targeting the blue eye?

I'm heading down when the weather clears to have a crack myself.

Fished between 350m and 450 m. got him at about 420.