How to outsmart a rat?

hottyscotty

I've got a bit of a rat problem. Supermarket traps aren't working and they're eating rat poison like candy. What other methods could i use that is commonly found in a home to trap these critters?

big rat trap with peanut butter?

or a size 12 hook covered in peanutbutter :thumbup:

Edited by Spoooled

One of the cage type traps works a treat, looks like a small possum trap. I had problems after a neighbour cleared out a very overgrown garden a few years ago. Must have caught 10 before i got rid of them. Once in the trap just drop the whole trap into a bucket of water until the rat drowns and tip it into a rubbish bag and in to the bin.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-news/super-rats-big-ravenous-and-high-on-poison/story-e6freuzi-1226373061152

Looks like i'm not the only one having the same problem.

I didn't notice the sticky stuff at the supermarket. Gotta try look for it again.

I've thought of baiting a hook with peanut butter. You think circles would work better so they can't get off the hook? :biggrin2:

One of the cage type traps works a treat, looks like a small possum trap. I had problems after a neighbour cleared out a very overgrown garden a few years ago. Must have caught 10 before i got rid of them. Once in the trap just drop the whole trap into a bucket of water until the rat drowns and tip it into a rubbish bag and in to the bin.

+1:thumbup: