How much water comes out of the boat

locodave

Hi guys,

How much water comes out of your boat when you pull the bungs?

If I just sit in the river, hardly anything comes out. But If I go to wards the ocean, drive fast, turn corners, fill up the bait tanks a lot more comes out.

Is that normal?

Hi guys,

How much water comes out of your boat when you pull the bungs?

If I just sit in the river, hardly anything comes out. But If I go to wards the ocean, drive fast, turn corners, fill up the bait tanks a lot more comes out.

Is that normal?

none should come out, unless its rain or whats splashing into the boat

you have something leaking

Try filling you bait tank while it sits at home on the trailer. See if the level goes down, even leave it for a couple of days. Then drain tank and see wether drain is leaking into the bilge. If you suspect a leak then fill again and use food colouring to see if you can track where it's coming from.

• 7 months later...

I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM .after months of checking the hull .Finally found the leak.Unbelivable the speedo tube !! running from the motor to the speedo a hollow pipe activates the speedo by water pressure It had a small hole it was hiding amungst cables and running down the side and under the floor UNSEEN at full trottle it really pumped some water out!! Patch it up now no prob .

Hi guys,

Is that normal?

As others have said , there is a leak some where pushing the water in when on the plane.

Fishing with a friend a few years back , got back to the ramp , removed the bung & water pored out. Discovered the inlet pipe into the deck wash pump had come loose.

An easy fix & all was OK

Geoff