Narrabeen beach sesh

shak4g63

I fished Mona Vale for about 2 hours at high tide last night, caught only two salmons all released.

good on you mate for going out in the rain, wish you all the good luck!

Charles

Part 1 narrabeen beach seasion:

I'm going to let you guys know what happened to the lead up to the beach session. Friday Arvo I ordered some bloodworms from the local bait shop because I've been itching to wet a line since last weekends "doughnut " sesh

So armed wit bloodworms and looking outside at the constant rain I thought stuff this I'm fishing rain or no rain, so put my warm wet weather gear on grabbed 2 sp spin outfits and put my 2 beach rods into the car packed my waders and some hot tea in a thermos grabbed some batteries and head torch and made my way to abbotsford wharf it was steadily raining , hightide and bloody cold! Anyway to my surprise not a soul in sight I had the place to myself. so I put on a small hook with apiece if bloodworm on my hand line and tossed it in, while I was rigging up one of my sp rods and then noticed the hand line moving picked it up and felt some weight pulled it up to reveal a bream wow 5 mins of fishing and a 25cm bream. Put out another bait and continued setting up my spin rods it's a hard task to do when the rain and cold is making your fingers go numb but I carried on. Soon some boys rocked up to the wharf about half a dozen if them lines going in left and right big splashes with their sinkers etc. another bream but undersized again on the hand line meant for yellowtail (why do I waste money in good rods beats me $3 hand line does the trick lol)

This young guy next to me is impressed at the success I was having in landing fish so I gave him a blood worm to try he throws it outit on and on the drop a 37cm flatty swallows his bait. He was stoked, I love seeing the smile on peoples faces when they catch a fish, especially youngsters! He later helped me carry my gear to the car! (we all can get along )

So I rigged up a atomic hard shad mid to entice some bream but only a couple of bumps and that was it, so I tried an 80mm squidgi flick bait and flicked to a small school of tailor busting up the surface and bang my first soft plastic caught tailor released it and ended up getting the tail bitten off by his mate then bang another hook up and lost it at my feet. It started getting really cold at this stage and no yakkas! The guys next to me caught two so I traded them my legal bream for two yakkas, deal! I couldnt feel my hands with yakkas in my bucket I was on my way to narrabeen to see if I could convert the into jewies.........

Tight lines,

Shakeel

Edited by 1 last cast

Part 1 narrabeen beach seasion:

I'm going to let you guys know what happened to the lead up to the beach session. Friday Arvo I ordered some bloodworms from the local bait shop because I've been itching to wet a line since last weekends "doughnut " sesh

So armed wit bloodworms and looking outside at the constant rain I thought stuff this I'm fishing rain or no rain, so put my warm wet weather gear on grabbed 2 sp spin outfits and put my 2 beach rods into the car packed my waders and some hot tea in a thermos grabbed some batteries and head torch and made my way to abbotsford wharf it was steadily raining , hightide and bloody cold! Anyway to my surprise not a soul in sight I had the place to myself. so I put on a small hook with apiece if bloodworm on my hand line and tossed it in, while I was rigging up one of my sp rods and then noticed the hand line moving picked it up and felt some weight pulled it up to reveal a bream wow 5 mins of fishing and a 25cm bream. Put out another bait and continued setting up my spin rods it's a hard task to do when the rain and cold is making your fingers go numb but I carried on. Soon some boys rocked up to the wharf about half a dozen if them lines going in left and right big splashes with their sinkers etc. another bream but undersized again on the hand line meant for yellowtail (why do I waste money in good rods beats me $3 hand line does the trick lol)

This young guy next to me is impressed at the success I was having in landing fish so I gave him a blood worm to try he throws it outit on and on the drop a 37cm flatty swallows his bait. He was stoked, I love seeing the smile on peoples faces when they catch a fish, especially youngsters! He later helped me carry my gear to the car! (we all can get along )

So I rigged up a atomic hard shad mid to entice some bream but only a couple of bumps and that was it, so I tried an 80mm squidgi flick bait and flicked to a small school of tailor busting up the surface and bang my first soft plastic caught tailor released it and ended up getting the tail bitten off by his mate then bang another hook up and lost it at my feet. It started getting really cold at this stage and no yakkas! The guys next to me caught two so I traded them my legal bream for two yakkas, deal! I couldnt feel my hands with yakkas in my bucket I was on my way to narrabeen to see if I could convert the into jewies.........

Tight lines,

Shakeel

Great report mate sounds like you had fun despite the cold. Good luck on the jewie session tonight. Hope you land a big one.

Good luck mate! Fish the closest gutter to the lake entrance and you'll be in with a chance. They should be feeding actively in this area after all the rain we've had! Let us know how you go!

Good luck!

Tom

hey boys what is the next best bait for jewys off narrabeen thats easy to get? also is this a good time to go jewy fishing with the new moon tommorow?

also last week when i was there was heaps of weed, has it moved on yet or is it still there

Edited by WINDRED

hey boys what is the next best bait for jewys off narrabeen thats easy to get? also is this a good time to go jewy fishing with the new moon tommorow?

also last week when i was there was heaps of weed, has it moved on yet or is it still there

Can't help with the weed but its definitely worth a crack. Live yakkas, mullet fillet, squid (whole, half and strips) aswell as clusters of beachworms. Different people have different theories about jews and the moon. Personally, a few days either side is best. Give it a go :thumbup: