Lake Mac

twinfisher

G,day all went out on the lake yesterday and today the weather fantastic. Have had my mate from sydney here for a few days for a bit of fishing(Kikila). :1welcomeani: Yesterday wasn,t that crash hot a lot of tiddlies but we did manage a bream and a couple of flounder :1clap: It was a lovely day on the water and very enjoyable. This morning got on the water at 6 am and tried for a few squire but the biggest we could manage were about 25-27 cm which of course went back.Moved on towards Pulbah and found the tailor working Chris had a crack at them with a metal lure and got a nice fat chopper 40 cm :1clap: they went as quick as they came but the lake is full of them at the moment.We anchored up on the southern side of Pulbah in 36 ft of water small tailer were a pest but we persisted . A lot more smallies were caught untill i chucked out a strip of mullet , i had a tentetive bite and struck ,the drag started and i was losing line :1yikes: Anyhow Chris said do you want the landing net i said bloody oath i do :1prop: 4 lb fireline i didn,t want to lose this one turned out to be a lovely lizzard of 75 cm that messured 16cm across the head she was very well conditioned fish for her length. :yahoo::yahoo: Took a few pics and let the lady go, i,m stoked it was a great day :biggrin2:

post-705-1120723663_thumb.jpg

Dose any one know what causes a slimey growth that we found on a little snapper if you look carefully at the tail you can see what seem to be a very small sea lice

post-705-1120724144_thumb.jpg

Nicely released twinfisher.......great catch, and i bet that big girl is happy she is still swimming rather than ending up deep fried. :thumbdown:

Think of how many more little flatties she can have now because of you releasing her.

Just think, because of you, there could well be thousands upon thousands of more flathead about in years to come :1clap:

Anyone that releases a PB fish is a great person.

good on ya twinfisher :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

changa

Nice fish TF. Even better that she is back swiming. Glad to see someone is catching fish in the lake. I would be interested to hear how and where you caught the bream....

I saw that growth on a few squire during the Pro Bream a few weeks back. Before that I hadn't seen them. They had a parasite chewing on their tail that looked alot like a doctor (the little white parasite you get in blackfish). They ranged in size from 5mm to around 35mm.

We just pulled them off and let them go. Forgot to take a photo of them though.

Guest MarkD
Anyone that releases a PB fish is a great person.

good on ya twinfisher :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

changa

57157[/snapback]

Could not put it better myself! :1clap:

Edited by MarkD

G/day Norm

Back home now, had the 2 fangs out so I'm sitting front puter with numb lips and blood n drool on me chin and a temporary speech impediment :1prop::biggrin2: Thanks for having me up there mate had a great time it was beaut to catch up with you and Mandy thanks again :thumbup: looking forward to next time be seeing ya

Chris

Where you on the move when you picked up the lizard or just anchored in a hole?

LW

Well mate we wern,t moving that much,very little wind so we anchored and tried our luck it paid off.Plenty of boats out too. We were on the southernside of Pulbah on the point, there,s a drop there thet hits 36 ft. :1naughty:

[quote=Jethro,Jul 8 2005, 08:49 AM I would be interested to hear how and where you caught the bream....

Well Jethro out of Gwnderlan ramp and past the bowling club warf in about 25-30 ft ,the place is full of shellgrit, cockle shells and the like they seem to like it there fresh pealed prawns have worked for me.

Guest fishrunner

Congrats and well done on the pb flatty,- would've put up a good fight on 4lb :1clap::thumbup: .

Well done on the release, it's good to hear the big ones go back.

cheers

A few years ago that fish might have been baked. Well done to you Twin :thumbup: You must have felt terrific after she swam off. You should be proud of that release.

:biggrin2: Russ

PS Isnt it :074: that knowadays we look forward to our next release not our next catch.