Friday night

Hay Guys..

Went for a fish with my mate Ruki on Friday night. Blowing 30kph and only being 5 degrees still decided to go and glad i did.

Got down to Windang around 11:30 and tried to fish with the wind ended up with 2 Flathead in the bucket. Ruki got there about 1am and the tide started to run out and was really dirty. No hits for about 2 hours thinking that it was going to be one of those nights and with the water getting more dirty by the second.

So me and my mate decided to try the deep channel for one last try. Flicked in my soft plastic had a little bump then bang line start screaming of my little reel. After a short fight manage to land a little 52cm Jewfish. My mates turn, pulls a 78cm after a 5min fight. for the next hour we pull 3 each, lose 6 or 7 bigger fish and released around 12 smaller fish in the best fishing session i have ever had. My three when 52 55 and 65cm

post-20633-083701900 1340580336_thumb.jpg

post-20633-059960600 1340580341_thumb.jpg

Edited by jaysondanielgraham

Hay Guys..

Went for a fish with my mate Ruki on Friday night. Blowing 30kph and only being 5 degrees still decided to go and glad i did.

Got down to Windang around 11:30 and tried to fish with the wind ended up with 2 Flathead in the bucket. Ruki got there about 1am and the tide started to run out and was really dirty. No hits for about 2 hours thinking that it was going to be one of those nights and with the water getting more dirty by the second.

So me and my mate decided to try the deep channel for one last try. Flicked in my soft plastic had a little bump then bang line start screaming of my little reel. After a short fight manage to land a little 52cm Jewfish. My mates turn, pulls a 78cm after a 5min fight. for the next hour we pull 3 each, lose 6 or 7 bigger fish and released around 12 smaller fish in the best fishing session i have ever had. My three when 52 55 and 65cm

Whats it like fishing there of a night???

Crowded??

My last night session there involved some verbal abuse towards a 14 yr old family member who was just sitting watching me fish thus I have not been back since.

What rig did you use?

Would a paternoster set up work for jews in the channel?

Last dumb question the run out tide at Windang is going from high to low is that correct?

Thanks

El Feroz

Whats it like fishing there of a night???

Crowded??

My last night session there involved some verbal abuse towards a 14 yr old family member who was just sitting watching me fish thus I have not been back since.

What rig did you use?

Would a paternoster set up work for jews in the channel?

Last dumb question the run out tide at Windang is going from high to low is that correct?

Thanks

El Feroz

I find in winter there is no one there or its not as crowded like summer. I was flicking soft plastics around and a Paternoster rig with a live bait or a really fresh bait i think would work. Not a dumb question but it was going from hi to low i hope that helps. Good luck :biggrin2:

awesome work

can't believe you braved the wind and cold there

what size jigs were you using? were you flicking close to the pylons? Thought it would have been hard given the westerly

Could not sleep so headed. Forgot all about it when i was hooked up.

I was using 9grm jig heads with 2inch Berkley banana prawns. Casting a little out from the bridge and letting it drift in towards the bridge.

I find in winter there is no one there or its not as crowded like summer. I was flicking soft plastics around and a Paternoster rig with a live bait or a really fresh bait i think would work. Not a dumb question but it was going from hi to low i hope that helps. Good luck :biggrin2:

Thanks for the info and I know exactly where you were fishing from.

I might head out one night next week and give it a go.

Ill probably bring pillies, SPs and some salmon or mullet fillets.

Would be nice to catch my first Mulloway from Windang