Pittwater Bream- 25/6/12

rjc123

Hey raiders,

finally got out for a bit of landbased fishing today. Headed up to pittwater to a favourite wharf. Took 3 rods with me. One with a ganged pilli under a float, one with a peeled prawn and the other with a squid jig. The pilli was aimed for a passing tailor and salmon but went untouched the whole day! Unusual for this spot.. anyway, the squid weren't about either. Loads of blackfish around though. Some of atleast 40cm+. Spewing i didn't grab some weed for the tackle store :ranting2: The peeled prawn was getting very few bites so after a few hours of no hook ups i changed to pilli fillet. Nothing for 30min until it got smashed our of nowhere! After a good fight on light gear up pops a lovely looking bream. 33cm of pure winter yellowfin :thumbup: This made me feel a little better about the day so far. Would have put him back but he took the hook right down... Kept on trying for the rest of the afternoon to no avail. A very very quiet day but all in all a nice day. Beautiful weather! The Bream cooked up very well! Whole Thai Style :biggrin2: Yum!

post-14949-063649100 1340619547_thumb.png

Cheers, Tom

Edited by mack attack 79

Nice bream. I must have got his twin brother. Was out in Pittwater and Broken Bay for about 6 hours yesterday and only got some sort of ray and one 33cm yellowfin bream. Can anyone tell me if that is a ray or a shark or some weird combo?

Cheers, Bart biggrin2.gif

post-20875-031127300 1340682036_thumb.pngpost-20875-070676500 1340682021_thumb.png

Edited by Bartdude

Hey mate, solid bream you've got there. Can i just ask what you normally get from that wharf? Never fished pittwater before. Might give it a go these uni holidays.

Bart, i think you'll find that's a banjo ray

cheers

Yeah that is a Banjo Shark (RAY) nice bream.

Thanks guys. I looked it up and they call it a Fiddler Ray or a Banjo Shark. thumbup.gif

Nice Breambo, Tom! Always good to have a backup plan - the blackies probably would have been biting their heads off!! biggrin2.gif

Very cold & wet here today, but yesterday, Keith & I had a hit of golf!! What a difference 24hrs makes!! wacko.gif

cheerio

Roberta

Hey mate, solid bream you've got there. Can i just ask what you normally get from that wharf? Never fished pittwater before. Might give it a go these uni holidays.

Bart, i think you'll find that's a banjo ray

cheers

Hi mate,

I fished at Taylors pt wharf. Normally a good spot. In summer i get squid, tailor, bonito, bream and the odd flattie while in winter i get salmon, squid, tailor, bream, leatherjackets and trevally. Normally a few yakkas too but none yesterday. It really is one of those on or off wharves..