TCD Today

Hi Raiders

I headed up to Thommo's today as the weather man said it would be a nice sunny day (HA HA). It was a typical TCD winter day, COLD WET and WINDY!!! (I should have known). For reasons known only to themselves Delta have seen the need to fill TCD to almost overflowing. Consequently the water was murky and very difficult to find a good place to fish at the western end. I gave it a go for a couple of hours and got fed up and went home. I probably should have tried the south eastern side. Caddis and I may go at the weekend if the weather is OK. ANOTHER TCD DONUT!!!

Regards to all

Flycaster (Ross)

Hi Raiders

I headed up to Thommo's today as the weather man said it would be a nice sunny day (HA HA). It was a typical TCD winter day, COLD WET and WINDY!!! (I should have known). For reasons known only to themselves Delta have seen the need to fill TCD to almost overflowing. Consequently the water was murky and very difficult to find a good place to fish at the western end. I gave it a go for a couple of hours and got fed up and went home. I probably should have tried the south eastern side. Caddis and I may go at the weekend if the weather is OK. ANOTHER TCD DONUT!!!

Regards to all

Flycaster (Ross)

yeah its better suited to spinning lures at the moment mate due to the high water level,

its gotta be good for the trout though all new areas to feed over.

she can be tough to fish especially when the weathers against you too.

have another go mate and you may be rewarded with a nice rainbow or 2 for your efforts, the browns seem to have disappeared this month though.

It get's bloody cold alright! :frozen:

It can be a very hard place to fish at this time of year. The fish are more interested in each other than food!

If it's full then try around the old quarry. There are some monster fish down deep there when the water is up.

Not sure about getting them on fly though.

Cheers,

Grant.