is it dangerous today?

stevefish

today and tomorrow are listed as "dangerous conditions for swimming surfing and rock fishing"

this warning sees to come out more and more. if it comes out any more often it could turn into "the UV index is extreme" which comes out for about 140 consecutive days each summer.

now im here at blacktown but i get the conditions right most of the time and very rarely get surprised. i reckon there is a real straight southerly swell that might have a bit of size on SOME really exposed points, and if you want you could find a protected area without too much trouble.

if this warning comes out every week it wont have any meaning and the people who need to hear it will no longer listen.

maybe today and tomorrow is one of the times i get it wrong?

Can someone who is on the coast say how it is.

cheers

I have noticed it ramping up but it will more than likely be at its most dangerous this weekend (esp sunday) with high tides and swells.

I am going to give my local a hit this Sunday arvo ... the swell is predicted to be very high but I have been there in king tides with no problems. a walk around the corner and its a whole different story.

I would suggest watching the water for 20mins before getting close to the edge...you are right there are safe pockets but nothing is ever safe\\I have seen waves 1.5 meters high in rock swimming pools which is an odd sight.