Sydney Friday report

Well today was tough... Plenty of stripeys still about & quite a few albies caught. We did hear 1 boat get a striped marlin...water was the same temperature 19.09 for over 20 miles over the shelf with no break or lazy edge. Marked some really solid fish while cubing but only managed albies & had a shark turn up just as we were leaving. Another long day hopefully tomorrow will fish better.

Good luck see you out there tomorrow.

Cheers

Damo

hi mate,

what was the weather like. looking to head out tomorrow, concerned about the 2-3m swell forecast

Weather was ok swell not a problem. However these NW winds are never nice coming home if your south of browns & they can be very unpredictable.

Good luck if you decide to go.

Cheers

Damo

Damo, Was out on friday too. Was nice heading out but was a little bumpy on the way back in. We set the lures at Browns and headed east to the 1000fa in search of the elusive fin. Ended up with nothing but stripies.

I met up with the boat that caught the marlin and it weighed in at 103kg. Was a very nice catch this time of year. The boat wasnt too far from where we were trolling either.

Where did you find the albies? Apparently there were quite a few around heatons, but thats a little too far for me.

Dang

Damo, Was out on friday too. Was nice heading out but was a little bumpy on the way back in. We set the lures at Browns and headed east to the 1000fa in search of the elusive fin. Ended up with nothing but stripies.

I met up with the boat that caught the marlin and it weighed in at 103kg. Was a very nice catch this time of year. The boat wasnt too far from where we were trolling either.

Where did you find the albies? Apparently there were quite a few around heatons, but thats a little too far for me.

Dang

Unlucky mate.., we got ours on the jig in 550. But heard boats at heatons get them on the troll.

Nice winter marlin... im assuming a striped?

Cheers

Damo

Unlucky mate.., we got ours on the jig in 550. But heard boats at heatons get them on the troll.

Nice winter marlin... im assuming a striped?

Cheers

Damo

Damo, yeh it was a nice stripe. Seems like you had better luck on Saturday. Funny how things can turn around in a day. Anyway, good luck for this week. Hope you guys get on to a few.