Sydney Harbour 04/07/2012

dwan8337

Hi Raiders,

Opted for some lazy afternoon fishing in the Harbour with my little bro. Woke up at 12, grabbed some pad thai and headed for the ramps. Launched at 1pm hit our usual spot, and proceeded to berley up with pellets and pilchards. Pretty satisfied with the results! the Trevs were all on 39cm to the fork. Most pleased with the stonker snapper...the girth on this fellow. Has anyone seen snapper caught in the harbour bigger than this one? measured 37.5 to the fork. The fight it put up, i had it for a rat king on it's first run.

Line: 6lb Sunline FC Rock

Hooks: 1/0 Gamagatsu circles

Won't be out on the water for a while as it will be looked after by the boys at Huett's Marine. Needs it's yearly service, although still 3months short of a year from its last service, it's started to play up.

Tight Lines

Dave

post-17226-001912200 1341362868_thumb.jpg

post-17226-015078500 1341362928_thumb.jpg

post-17226-018442200 1341363026_thumb.jpg

post-17226-051497500 1341363060_thumb.jpg

post-17226-037947900 1341363074_thumb.jpg

Nice work mate. Legal snapper in the harbour are rare but at times come in. I've caught them to 40cm but I've seen one that would have gone over 50cm. A few years ago a 5.5kg snapper was caught in middle harbour. But anything legal is good work in the harbour. Nice work.

Nice work on the Sydney Harbour Snapper.

They are definately around Sydney Harbour more than say 3 years ago. A couple of months back we landed 4 snapper in 1 session over 40cm.

The usually follow a big swell into the harbour washes. Very nice suprise cracking a good red inside the harbour.

Another raider landed a 75cm Snapper in Middle Harbour a few years back.

Very nice haul!

I haven't had much luck in the harbour lately apart from Bream, Trevs and small Snapper(which I've blamed on the cold water temps, so much for that excuse!)

I have caught a slightly bigger red (44cm) up in Middle Harbour, but anything legal inside the heads is a bonus!!

I bet that catch made a cold day feel a lot warmer...

Tight Lines guys!

Nice catch there mate,no one could complain about a snapper of that size :thumbup: . There are some nice reds that move in through the harbour at times, my pb was 44cms caught 4 years ago LB near the heads.

Nice work on the Sydney Harbour Snapper.

They are definately around Sydney Harbour more than say 3 years ago. A couple of months back we landed 4 snapper in 1 session over 40cm.

The usually follow a big swell into the harbour washes. Very nice suprise cracking a good red inside the harbour.

Another raider landed a 75cm Snapper in Middle Harbour a few years back.

Hi Butch

My mate landed a slightly larger specimen that my one a few months ago, being deprived from sleep and all...he passed the fish to me and i released it straight back into the water hahaha! He still hasn't forgiven me