New reel

bassboy888

Hey Raiders

i am keen on getting my self some well fishing gear with my tax return and one thing i have been looking at is a new reel.

I have a few choices but the one im most interested in is the Abu Garcia Soron SX, all i really need to know is people opinions on the reel and if it comes with 2 spools ( i like to have one with 3lb and the other with 8lb)

Thanks in advance bassboy

The soron sx is a good little reel. Smooth drag, good line capacities and very tough. The 2 spool idea is very effective. I currently use both spools of my shimano saros 2500, one with 6lb and the other with 12lb. Easy to change and very quick. The soron stx is worth a look too!

Cheers, Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty sure Slinky Malinky owns the entire Abu Garcia Soron SX line....might pay to message him....he was a big fan from memory....they felt a touch heavier than the Shimano and Diawa equiv's, I nearly bought one for Lizard Boy but being 10 years old I figured weight might be a factor if we did a long day so I went with the stradic instead.

Slinky does love them & for good reason.

He pulls them apart when he gets them home to give them a once over.

He pulled one apart once & bought the whole collection soon after!

They have a great drag as well. I knocked over an 8kg spanish mack

on on a plastic with his stx 30 & 12lb braid. Very smooth drag!

Cheers,

Grant.

Thanks fella's for the replies, I like the look of em and will definitely consider one next time im looking for a reel, turns out my missus bought me a new present and I got a 2500 stradic FJ :thumbup: very happy angler

Marry that girl!!!!! :yahoo:

Cheers,

Grant.

Thanks fella's for the replies, I like the look of em and will definitely consider one next time im looking for a reel, turns out my missus bought me a new present and I got a 2500 stradic FJ :thumbup: very happy angler

Cracking little reel arent they.....lizard boy loves his and I,ve been know to steal it off him when he,s not looking....

Marry that girl!!!!! :yahoo:

Cheers,

Grant.

:074: :074: :074::Funny-Post:

Cracking little reel arent they.....lizard boy loves his and I,ve been know to steal it off him when he,s not looking....

Yea, so far i love it, havent caught anything on it yet, but I cant wait to break it in on some sambos/bass (24 days till open season!!)