Fishing tonight any suggestions?

zaki10

Hey guys thinking of going out for a fish tonight as I have an RDO from work because they are so kind to give me one :) contemplating on going to the lane cover river for a Jew fish session I know they're a bit dead at this time but it's worth a shot! Also another place I have in mind is tunks park out near the spit bridge so does anyone have any suggestions on what to take and also what species are being caught around those areas? If you can also confirm if there is a chance on getting descent bait such as squid and tailor? Thanks guys!

Fished lc on sataday night live mullet freshly cought squid not even a run or a bait touched not even those baby bream that maul my bait most of the time if i was you i would be fishing the upper georges river its on fire

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Roseville Bridge always has thumper Bream at this time of year. Unweighted prawns, pilchard fillet and mullet fillet are ideal. Definitely worth sending a livebait or squid out too for big flathead and jewfish! For the bream, cast to the first pylon from the forestville side.

Cheers, Tom

Roseville Bridge always has thumper Bream at this time of year. Unweighted prawns, pilchard fillet and mullet fillet are ideal. Definitely worth sending a livebait or squid out too for big flathead and jewfish! For the bream, cast to the first pylon from the forestville side.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks heaps Tom much appreciate matey! By first pylon you mean to the side heading up towards manly near tunks park or the side before getting onto the spit bridge? Really im thinking to fish on the other side of the bridge near the grassland underneath what you think?

Thanks heaps Tom much appreciate matey! By first pylon you mean to the side heading up towards manly near tunks park or the side before getting onto the spit bridge? Really im thinking to fish on the other side of the bridge near the grassland underneath what you think?

Bit confused here. Sounds like your confusing roseville bridge with spit bridge but it could just be me. Fish the grassy area on the northern side of the roseville bridge.

Good luck!

Oh Roseville bridge, I was talking about going to spit bridge and fish under there or you think I'll have better luck out at Roseville? Also any chance of catching squid at Roseville. Thanks zac :)

Oh Roseville bridge, I was talking about going to spit bridge and fish under there or you think I'll have better luck out at Roseville? Also any chance of catching squid at Roseville. Thanks zac :)

You can get squid at roseville but they aren't all that common. Plenty of yakkas up near the boat ramp though!

Cheers, Tom

well, I fished under the road bridge tonight, eastern side, 7pm to 10pm, using month old pillies (got smashed, but no use), month old squid (a few taps) and month old skirt steak ( very popular)

got 2 x 25cm bream and had a massive hook up that was head shaking but busted off at the hook (6lb leader), pretty sure it was a large bream, and then it shut down around 9pm...

i shoulda got the SP's out earlier, but the bait fishing was constant action so couldn't resist trying to keep two rods in the game...

great spot! thanks Tom - was fun despite dropping the large beast...

Just got back from there now but what a mission to get there! It's part of a national park and the boat ramp is under construction is that right? Anyways we caught a small bream and released it after that it just died out! Plus the water was very low and too many oyster beds we had to avoid Incase it snagged. Anyways maybe I'll give it a shot next time.

well, I fished under the road bridge tonight, eastern side, 7pm to 10pm, using month old pillies (got smashed, but no use), month old squid (a few taps) and month old skirt steak ( very popular)

got 2 x 25cm bream and had a massive hook up that was head shaking but busted off at the hook (6lb leader), pretty sure it was a large bream, and then it shut down around 9pm...

i shoulda got the SP's out earlier, but the bait fishing was constant action so couldn't resist trying to keep two rods in the game...

great spot! thanks Tom - was fun despite dropping the large beast...

Bad luck mate! Definitely a big bream. A mate got a few there the other night on SP.

Just got back from there now but what a mission to get there! It's part of a national park and the boat ramp is under construction is that right? Anyways we caught a small bream and released it after that it just died out! Plus the water was very low and too many oyster beds we had to avoid Incase it snagged. Anyways maybe I'll give it a shot next time.

Bad luck buddy. Silly on my part as i forgot to add that for Bream high tide is what you want. Where do you set up camp?

were you in the white car and asked me if i had caught anything?

if so - you definitly should fish further down stream ;)

Bad luck mate! Definitely a big bream. A mate got a few there the other night on SP.

Bad luck buddy. Silly on my part as i forgot to add that for Bream high tide is what you want. Where do you set up camp?

Well I drove in from western suburbs so I had to drive up waroongha road, over the massive bridge & turn around to come back and enter the park. It was a mission and I set up right under the bridge I drove over.

Well I drove in from western suburbs so I had to drive up waroongha road, over the massive bridge & turn around to come back and enter the park. It was a mission and I set up right under the bridge I drove over.

lol - that is exactly where I was fishing - left at 1030!

it shut down around 10pm as the tide was well on the way out...

Nah mate I got there around 11pm maybe a little later, also by down stream you mean further towards the boat ramp or the other direction going deeper into the park?

um, i think 'upstream' is towards the headwater isnt it? and 'downstream' is towards the ocean right?

if so - the boat ramp is closer to the ocean...

Sweet I must of got there too late and it's a shame because I had love blood worms that always work a treat when I use them. I left there and headed to mosman under the spit bridge shocking as well! All I caught was undersized snapper.