bawley point and ulladulla areas

Bawley

Hi fellow raiders

I am heading down south next week and hope to do some fishing around the bawley point/ulladulla/burrill lake areas.... offshore to chase some flathead in about 50 metres.... might even try for a snapper as I dont have much luck.... several reports have come back as being quiet down that way.... any reports as to some good offshore places wud be great.... many thanks

Hi fellow raiders

I am heading down south next week and hope to do some fishing around the bawley point/ulladulla/burrill lake areas.... offshore to chase some flathead in about 50 metres.... might even try for a snapper as I dont have much luck.... several reports have come back as being quiet down that way.... any reports as to some good offshore places wud be great.... many thanks

HI Mate,

Was down there a week ago for a bucks weekend. Saw a boat launch in the river in LAKE CONJOLA and motor to the 50m mark offshore, then return hours later.

They came back with 8 KINGS, ranging from mid to high 80's. They werent even using fresh squid, just dead yakkas / slimies.

From their remarks, the kings are thick out wide.

Hi fellow raiders

How big is your boat and how far out are you looking to go?

Swell looks marginal at this stage: http://swell.willyweather.com.au/nsw/illawarra/collers-beach.html

A little bit of a consistent breeze thoe: http://wind.willyweather.com.au/nsw/illawarra/burrill-lake.html

Kiola is a good place to launch from if you have a 4wd. A couple of islands just of the boat ramp. The first island generally has bait on the northwest side. There should be plenty of snapper around the islands in low light.

Description Comments Latitude S Longitude E DATUM

Red Point Reef Morwong, Nannygai, Leatherjacket. 35.14.785 150.32.386

Wreck bottom.

Peak Kingfish. 35.21.057 150.29.300 WGS84

Ulladulla Harbour Naviagtion point 35.21.335 150.28.753

Ulladulla Traps Yellowtail Kingfish, reef species 35.22.679 150.32.243

Drum Drumstick 35.23.320 150.51.010

Canberra Ave Popular local spot 35.24.365 150.30.904

SS Catterthun Wreck - Depth 57m, Jewfish, 35.25.57 152.34.38

Shark.

Snapper Grounds Snapper 35.29.142 150.29.142

Edited by Cheap Charlie

Kiola is a good place to launch from if you have a 4wd. A couple of islands just of the boat ramp. The first island generally has bait on the northwest side. There should be plenty of snapper around the islands in low light.

Description Comments Latitude S Longitude E DATUM

Red Point Reef Morwong, Nannygai, Leatherjacket. 35.14.785 150.32.386

Wreck bottom.

Peak Kingfish. 35.21.057 150.29.300 WGS84

Ulladulla Harbour Naviagtion point 35.21.335 150.28.753

Ulladulla Traps Yellowtail Kingfish, reef species 35.22.679 150.32.243

Drum Drumstick 35.23.320 150.51.010

Canberra Ave Popular local spot 35.24.365 150.30.904

SS Catterthun Wreck - Depth 57m, Jewfish, 35.25.57 152.34.38

Shark.

Snapper Grounds Snapper 35.29.142 150.29.142

The second island is Brush island and is a couple of k's north of the Kioloa Boat ramp. Decent sized island and you should be able to get out of the wind. http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

To the south of the Kioloa Boat Ramp is Depot Beach, there also is a couple of islands in close and there is always reports of decent sized reeds from the inshore reef's especially amongst the Kayak community.

If you are staying in Bawley point, there is a great little tackle store in the small shopping complex and I am sure the fellow that owns the store would be happy to point you in the right direction of whats firing in that area at the moment. Bawley Point Shopping Village

Edited by Cheap Charlie

Drummo,

Used to fish down that way with the father inlaw and we always used to get good flattys on the southern side of Brush island about half way along the island and about 3-400m off it.Have not been down there for a while now but between 3 of us we used to get a good feed each and nothing under about 50cm.

Norto.