Roseville Last night

gianniz

1 hour, caught and released 10000000000000000000000 tiny tailors!

fished from the new boat ramp, others near the bridge, same report.

I didn't go hard last night as it was a stop over to catch some yakkas.

I'm guessing due to so many tiny tailors, there's a good chance big ones around :)

If there are that many tiny tailor around theres a chance some Jews might be round feeding on them. Get a bigger one to put out live or butterflied

+1 i swear by tailor for jew there! Try the overhead pipe. Its your best shot at a jew in the area!

+1 i swear by tailor for jew there! Try the overhead pipe. Its your best shot at a jew in the area!

+2

Dont know the area but everytime i have caught a jew (6) there has been plenty of small tailor about.

what do you mean by "butterflied"?

as spooled linked you to, butterflied is when you cut the remove the backbone of the bait but still leave the fillets on. This means all you have is a head and two fillets/flaps. Great for Jewfish, flathead, kingfish and sometimes big bream!

and you didn't put one out live for a jewie because??

Probably because there is a minimum size limit of 30cm for tailor and judging by the post they where smaller than that. I'm sure that everyone saying to chuck one out as bait is talking about ones that are over 30cm though :074:

But yeah if you get a legal one chuck it out there, i've even got jewies on just the heads.

Ben

Probably because there is a minimum size limit of 30cm for tailor and judging by the post they where smaller than that. I'm sure that everyone saying to chuck one out as bait is talking about ones that are over 30cm though :074:

But yeah if you get a legal one chuck it out there, i've even got jewies on just the heads.

Ben

Strips of it for big bream too!

well legal reason was one of them but my intention was to catch some yakka's and head off to akuna bay for hair tail :)

after getting zero yakka, I went to akuna bay with pillies and caught nothing :(

There were few people there trying for the same but no go.

Guys there told me they caught 5 shovel nose sharks there.

Oh well, you can't expect to catch fish all the time but I had a great time sharing tips and story with other fisho. :)

Had a quick go this afternoon at roseville and i'll admit it was a little quiet. Just one legal trevally and a few undersized bream... Bit disappointing but its not long til i get my new kayak!

Were you fishing near the over head pipe?

No mate,

at the bridge for a bit with big baits for flathead and jewfish but then moved on to the boat ramp after a little while. If you can sneak onto the pontoon on the edge of the construction site there are some nice bream and trevally hanging around!

Is it possible to just cast towards that area off the shore when it's quiet?

Yes definitely. On weekends its always taken though...

Edited by mack attack 79

I was sitting at the end of the new pontoon and casted toward the old pontoon.

Maybe it was due to tailors but I had the same result. Tailor :)

I'll be there tomorrow to try again. Hopefully I get to fight with a decent fish. It's been so long I'm actually considering going down west to catch some big eels just for the fun of it :)

Is it possible to just cast towards that area off the shore when it's quiet?