anyone bought a new trailer recently ?

Juggs

My current trailer neds replacing, too much rust in the cross members and it needs brakes which it doesnt have

i put it across a weigh bridge yesterday and it weighs all up 995kg with fuel

i will probably end up getting a dunbier for $3800

but was seeing if anyone has any experience with the other aussie brands out there

i do not want a chinese imported trailer

your views or experiences will be appreciated

My trailer is 4y/o now Its a Dunbier (wide track seriese) I am Happy with it and after sales service was excellent.

since purchasing the Dumbier Ive been looking at Mackay trailers and they also look to be an excellent trailer with a better sistem for moving the axle to get the right balance. This may not effect you at all but with my outfit the perfect place for the axle is where one of the cross members are this means Ive had to move the axle forward then boat forward to compansate then after a few more moves found it better to have the axle back behind the cross member with the boat back a little further to get right ball weight.

Brett

I purchased a new trailer from Huetts marine almost 12 months ago. I am very happy with it and the service Craig gave me as well. Give Craig a call and I am sure he will be able to help you out.

Recently went through the process and ended up with a Sales Trailer. All aussie and well priced too.

thanks guys ill go talk to sales, cheapest claimed aussie trailer i could find so far is barracuda up in qld, im u there every few months so no ta issue to tow one back

ill see what sales have to say

Is any body running an aluminium trailer? I read some where that an alloy trailer is roughly the same price as a steel unit (I have never priced one)? If so I would be interested to know the difference in weight and durability?

the quotes i got recently from a few yards made aluminium 1500-2k dearer

dunbier gal $3800

mackay alumnium %5662

pretty similar trailers in weights held etc

there is a chinese alloy trailer being sold in sydney, for the same if not alittle less then a aussie built gal trailer

some aussie trailers are having issues with bolts holding crossmembers on vibrating loose and moving and elongating the bolt holes leading to cracks

the issue is holes drilled to close to the beam edge

the chinese trailers i saw had bolt holes even closer to the edge so i wont consider them

the quotes i got recently from a few yards made aluminium 1500-2k dearer

dunbier gal $3800

mackay alumnium %5662

pretty similar trailers in weights held etc

there is a chinese alloy trailer being sold in sydney, for the same if not alittle less then a aussie built gal trailer

some aussie trailers are having issues with bolts holding crossmembers on vibrating loose and moving and elongating the bolt holes leading to cracks

the issue is holes drilled to close to the beam edge

the chinese trailers i saw had bolt holes even closer to the edge so i wont consider them

Wow, sounds like the adage you get what you pay for still rings true..

I recently also bought a dual axle Sales trailer for a 5.6 metre glass boat ..great price, localy built and the guys swapped my boat over and set it all up so it tows , launches and retrieves perfectly.

Regards

Kevin