Harbour Jews?

Guest leisureman

Guest leisureman

Hi Raiders,

I was at a popular Sydney boat ramp on Monday and seen a Jewy frame just off the ramp in the water. I'd say over a 30kg fish! does anyone know more about this? Hoping to catch one myself one day! :1fishing1:

Hi Raiders,

I was at a popular Sydney boat ramp on Monday and seen a Jewy frame just off the ramp in the water. I'd say over a 30kg fish! does anyone know more about this? Hoping to catch one myself one day! :1fishing1:

It is very possible you mistook it for a large albacore or bluefin frame. There everywhere around boatramps at the moment. Especially Roseville! If it was a jew then i wouldn't be surprised though. Winter has some big jews hanging around in the harbour. Send a big bait down into the deepest hole you can find and you might get lucky!

Edited by mack attack 79

Guest leisureman

Thanks mackattack79! Looking at making the most of my time behind the rod as kids & business take up a lot of time. Caught my first fish on a surface popper the other night! A small tailor which made me regret not taking the big rod as imagine live bait would be successful there. New to site so not keen to give locations out but i am pretty sure you have a fair idea where i am talking about. Would a small Tailor go well there as a live bait? Cheers.

Thanks mackattack79! Looking at making the most of my time behind the rod as kids & business take up a lot of time. Caught my first fish on a surface popper the other night! A small tailor which made me regret not taking the big rod as imagine live bait would be successful there. New to site so not keen to give locations out but i am pretty sure you have a fair idea where i am talking about. Would a small Tailor go well there as a live bait? Cheers.

Tailor are my FAVOURITE livebait for jewfish. Read this report of mine from a few months ago! http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=62582&view=findpost&p=438165&hl=&fromsearch=1 .

Make sure the tailor are legal size though. 30cm

Cheers, Tom

Guest leisureman

Cheers Tom! Wow that's one hell of a catch..well done!I admire and respect your release techniques although might not jump in with em myself! Half the fun is catching the bait anyway, so maybe one day persistence will pay off. Haven't caught even a soapy since i was a pup and fishing with Mum & Dad in the Hawkesbury over 25 years ago. Long overdue!!