Reef Magic - Wednesday report

Well again today a few fish were caught but spread over a large area with one quality yellowfin being caught to the south that went 88kg....a quality yellowfin & hopefully a sign of things to come.

Again there are plenty of albacore today both on the troll & on the cube & we also got 1 x 30kg yellowfin on the cube. The current was running quite hard & the colour has deteriated from the last two weeks. The temperature break is still the area producing the fish.

With the new moon on Friday and the moon waxing over the next week towards the first quarter we should start to see the bite improve. Unfortunately the weekend weather is not looking to promising but those that get out next week hopefully will find more fish. Good luck if you get out & keep the reports coming... it's great to see more people on here happy to help each other out.

Cheers

Damo

Edited by Reef Magic Charters

Mike,Dammo and Dave you guys have really made some fishos exceptionally happy including me and I cant thank you guys enough for all the effort and help you have provided with your reports and outstanding charter service aboard REEF MAGIC :yahoo:

bring on the YELLOWFIN barrels :thumbup:

Regards Stewy

I must say Damo that coming from up north, where getting any info on where the fish are is like getting blood out of a stone,

it is great to see all you guys that head out wide helping each other get into the fish. :thumbup:

Keep setting the example mate. Hopefully more people follow suit!

Keep the reports coming as well please. I am loving reading them & seeing the pics.

Cheers,

Grant.

i would also like to thank you for keeping us all updated on a day to day basis and the infomation you give out is more than you have to give. i have not ventured in to game fishing yet but thanks too all the info and updates you give, my fishing diary/calender is ready for the next few seasons..

also if i decide to go on a charter you will be the only choice..:thumbup::1fishing1:

Big thanks here too. it's truly great & about time that people realise that giving away info is not giving away fish or spots because there are thousands of fish and never the same place. i will help & keep informing as much as poss.

Yes the sharks were bad yesterday altho we cant complain, first fish on the troll was a small fin, then a 3way hook up on albies then another a couple hours later & started a cube straight after that only to have a huge mako at the back of the boat & wouldnt leave so we left, went closer in to browns & cubed for 1 more albie then home & very happy with our days fishing, didnt even bother bottom bashing at Browns after hearing about the sharks.

Great to hear everyone having a good crack at the fish while we have the chance but unfortunately the sharks are going to be hanging around the mountain as more gems turn up. They always make catching blue eye difficult but in my opinion at the right size even better eating,

Keep a few of your stripies or albies to feed the big guys as they love coming to the boat.

Cheers

Damo