Georges River - Chasing the Jewfish

cjchen

chasing the elusive jew takes dedication and i gave it my all.........

before the school holidays i've got donnuts on 7 sessions.

over the school holidays I went 8 times... and I think the dedication paid of...

in these 8 sessions i've landed 16 soapies, with 5 around 65-70cm... and 11 around 55cm....

most went back into the drink...

I got off early last week during the weekday, due to some time in lieu and tried down river and managed the 2 fattest jewies i've ever seen compared to the upper river..

they gave me the BEST fight over the 9 sessions, and I couldn't resist keeping them. They went well shallow fried with a pineapple salsa..

I can't thank one person on this forum enough because without his hints and advise, catching these elusive species would not be possible... :1prop:

post-10401-096081200 1343024246_thumb.jpg

Edited by cjchen

Awesome jewies mate, how did you get em?? must have been even better from the yak!

Mackattack, which PA are ya getting they both look awesome, i cant wait till i can afford one

hey mate,

got them flicking powerbaits, gulp jerk shads, squidgy flickbait and fish into drop offs.

yea fishing from a yak sure feels different and even the smallest fish can feel big :thumbup:

Awesome jewies mate, how did you get em?? must have been even better from the yak!

Mackattack, which PA are ya getting they both look awesome, i cant wait till i can afford one

PA 12 mate :biggrin2: Been waiting a while but looks like i'll be picking mine up late August! I'll be giving it a real workout over summer! Can't wait :yahoo:

Great work, all your persistence and efforts have paid off well done :thumbup:

Nice solid looking fish too :thumbup:

Have you tried up under the Milperra Bridge and if so does your sounder indicate any drop offs or deep holes within casting distance from the shore (Liverpool/western side) thank you? I had a quick flick there land based not so long ago but got nothing :(

Keep up the good work

Ian