Turning a non-event into a funny family trip

Keflapod

Don't wait too long! Begin with something simple such as catching yakkas or anchoring and baitfishing for whiting, blurters or bream. Drifting for lizards or trolling are also good easy things to do with little kids. Just try to ensure that HE catches SOMETHING and don't let him get bored! Above all, have fun (and don't forget the food :biggrin2: )

Kel

Edited by kel

Great post mate. I have some great memories fishin with my mates but I don't reckon they compare to the ones with my boys. You can not beat putting your own flesh and blood onto some quality fish. My eldest has a better pb lizard @ 83cm than I do....And I wouldn't have it any other way. Special days those one like you had, they don't come along too regularly.

Those sambo's have been hang up river for a very very long time now....

Best report ever, you should be a writer! I've got 3 kids and I'll be taking the eldest who's 5 this summer for sure in my boat. Wanted to take her out for a hairy sesh the other night but the better half didn't think it was such a good idea???

Just finished reading your post. Then had a browse over some of the comments that suggested a long story.?? I started thinking "what are these people talking about." .. Then a scrolled back up the page.... I had no idea i just read THAT much!!! It was such an entertaining read i just didnt notice any length.