Furuno FCV 585

Nolongeramember

does demo mode use the transducer? I would have thought it doesn't. you mean like simulation mode right?

Since its friday, I'll tell ya something embarrassing... when I was out fishing sometime last year, the transducer cable fell out from my sounder... and it automatically puts the sounder into simulation mode. So there I was, fishing all day in simulation mode, and catching nothing... thinking there were fish all around me :074:

And how can you realise right? You simply can't, until you pull the boat of the water. I start to strap the boat to the trailer only to notice my sounder still beeping with fish, which was precisely when I started to "beeeeeep" :074:

does demo mode use the transducer? I would have thought it doesn't. you mean like simulation mode right?

Since its friday, I'll tell ya something embarrassing... when I was out fishing sometime last year, the transducer cable fell out from my sounder... and it automatically puts the sounder into simulation mode. So there I was, fishing all day in simulation mode, and catching nothing... thinking there were fish all around me :074:

And how can you realise right? You simply can't, until you pull the boat of the water. I start to strap the boat to the trailer only to notice my sounder still beeping with fish, which was precisely when I started to "beeeeeep" :074:

Hahaha thats funny. You would have been seeing fish schools everywhere you went lol. You must have been unfamiliar with the area cos you would have noticed the abnormal depths. Yes simulation mode.

Hi Roylo,

I have the 585 and have run it in demo mode with the transducer plugged in, and had no dramas........

Dave

Hi Dave. Ive run it heaps of times out of the water aswell for short periods and its been OK so far, but on the first page in the manual is a warning to not turn the sounder on if its out of the water or you risk damaging the transducer. So thats why I was wondering if running in demo mode was ok for the transducer. I think in the shops they dont have transducers connected so there OK to run all day.

Ive been lucky so far, I think I might unplug the transducer cable from now on.