Low Tide Narrabeen Beach 30.07.12

Bryce Neyland

Hi guys,

Thought I'd try my hand at the beach fishing scene, new to it.

After getting fitted out with a great new 13ft rod and reel (always a great day), headed down to Narrabeen with hope to catch something.

Due to other commitments could only make low tide. Was fairly windy and waves were working. Found a nice gutter and jumped in.

After 3 hours, managed 1 smallish flathead (no photos of the small stuff) and a few good bites. Was waiting for a 'run' instead of striking on the bites, but never eventuated.

Overall, its always a good day when your not in the office. Still lots to learn, and looking forward to getting on the fish. If anyone has advice or wants a partner in crime, feel free to respond.

Cheers,

Honk

Bad luck mate. If your just starting out the best advice i can give you is to grab a bag of pillies, some ganged hooks and find a nice gutter (high tide is preferable). This should get you a few salmon, tailor and flathead at least. Keep at it!

Cheers, Tom

Obviously high tide best early morning or late arvo. I have had most luck in gutters but right oon the edges. Star sinker helps. Agree with blue surf popper and ganged pilchard 2 feet below. Had a great day with this rig at palm beach catching multiple tailor and 2 salmon. Went back next afternoon.......nothing in 3 hours. That's fishing.

Hi honk, listen mate you sound very enthusiastic I'm happy to help you out and you can come fishing wit me at narrabeen happy to show you the ropes I'm by no means a pro but have hooked onto a good fish at or two I'm currently busy with fasting the month of Ramadan but I will have two weeks of at the end of August pm me and I'll give you some details

Tight lines,

Shakeel

I usually make the trek out to narrabeen from parramatta on the occasional weeknight when I'm working the late shift....it's a long drive but usually land a decent fish or two...I've caught about 6 decent salmon off the beach there at narrabeen but I'm still a noob I usually fish whole unweighted pillies on a triple snelled hook setup (the Neptune packs of 3/0 4/0 or 5/0 from BLAH BLAH BLAH)...still have not managed to land a flathead in my life!!! But if you need a partner in crime pm me and I'll try to remember to keep you posted when I go out

[Hi Honk, Use all the advice you've been given re pillies, gang hook rigs, star sinkers and poppers. I always use pillies chopped up for burley, throw a few in fairly regularly...this will set up the action and bring the fish to you. Pre dawn and post dusk always seem to work well...sometimes overcast days help too. Hang in and you'll get into them soon, mate. Neil.

Mate you live in Kensington and your going to narrabeen pretty far... why not try stanswell i think that might be closer

or garie beach.

Narrabeen is definitely closer than it is to stanwell. Another beach thats good for bream, flathead, tailor, salmon and Jews is dee why/ long reef smack bang in the middle there's a red pole and there always seems to be a big gutter just near it. I used to go to Clifton and get yakkas and squid then head off there. Or if I didn't have the time I'll fish gang Pillys, catch some tailor/salmon or even bream and slab them up and lob it out. Good luck.