Middle Harbour Squid

rjc123

Hey raiders,

with summer approaching (kings) and a new yak im in need of a few more squidding spots in middle harbour. You have Balmoral and the spit but if i'm launching at roseville it'll be a bit of a slog to get out there. Anyone got any spots west of the spit, preferably not too much further than Sugarloaf. Doesn't have to be specific but general location would be great.

Cheers, Tom

Hey raiders,

with summer approaching (kings) and a new yak im in need of a few more squidding spots in middle harbour. You have Balmoral and the spit but if i'm launching at roseville it'll be a bit of a slog to get out there. Anyone got any spots west of the spit, preferably not too much further than Sugarloaf. Doesn't have to be specific but general location would be great.

Cheers, Tom

Bantry Bay has them sometimes. If you can get to the Spit or Sailors bay the night before, you will have some fresh baits for then.

Bantry Bay has them sometimes. If you can get to the Spit or Sailors bay the night before, you will have some fresh baits for then.

Thanks mate! Bantry Bay will be the basis of a lot of my fishing so that'd be convenient. Any particular areas that are best? I have got a few at Roseville but very unreliable..

Where abouts is that? The reserve side?

if your heading toward the bridge from the south you can take a left just before the bridge into the marina shop and park down near the waters edge. you can walk under the bridge to the southern east side and theres a little beach. might have to carry the yak 20metres or so, not sure about parking on this side.

Parking is all metered around the spit. How about launching from clontarf? It's close to all the bait grounds and that's where heaps of the hard core yakkers launch in the wee hours of the morning, and they are not going fishing, they do it for exercise???? Glad that MOST of them have some sort of light on them but some don't! Just a matter of time before something really serious happens to them. Especially on those new moon mornings. Hope I'm wrong.