Fishing Broken Bay/Hawkesbury Area

PST115hp

Guys,

Do you if much is happening in the Broken Bay/Hawkesbury area at the moment? Could you please give me some advice on what areas are worth fishing? I'm not fussed on what I fish for, any fish is a good fish.

Cheers

Peter

Plenty is happening mate. A few Stonking bream around Juno Point with the odd good jew as well. Flint n Steel has big tailor and jewies according to a mate. West head on dusk with ganged pillies will get some good tailor and the odd salmon. Plenty of yakkas around there too , most of which are big too. Lion Island also has a few fish at the moment. Fished it the other week with a mate and got snapper (to 37cm), flathead (45cm) and a few flounder and trevally. Burley is key. Might be worth dropping down a squid or live bait for the odd big jewie that are found there in winter. Just sound around til you find reef and fish the edges of it. There's also a nice drop off on the northern side that holds jew, flathead and snapper.

Give it a go and post a report when you get out!

Cheers, Tom

Plenty is happening mate. A few Stonking bream around Juno Point with the odd good jew as well. Flint n Steel has big tailor and jewies according to a mate. West head on dusk with ganged pillies will get some good tailor and the odd salmon. Plenty of yakkas around there too , most of which are big too. Lion Island also has a few fish at the moment. Fished it the other week with a mate and got snapper (to 37cm), flathead (45cm) and a few flounder and trevally. Burley is key. Might be worth dropping down a squid or live bait for the odd big jewie that are found there in winter. Just sound around til you find reef and fish the edges of it. There's also a nice drop off on the northern side that holds jew, flathead and snapper.

Give it a go and post a report when you get out!

Cheers, Tom

Thanks for the reply Tom. I went out today and fished West Head, Flint n Steel and around Broken Bay. Not to much to report, caught 2 Port Jackson Sharks, 1 Bonito and 5 undersize Snapper. Not a bad day on the water though.

Cheers

Peter

Plenty of salmon busting up at the moment. Was out Saturday and never seen so many birds. Got a good mixed bag of jackets, trevally, snapper and flathead a mile or so up the coast. Also got some whopping huge rock cod. Water temp was 16dgrees.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply Tom. I went out today and fished West Head, Flint n Steel and around Broken Bay. Not to much to report, caught 2 Port Jackson Sharks, 1 Bonito and 5 undersize Snapper. Not a bad day on the water though.

Cheers

Peter

Bad luck mate! Keep at it and you'll nail some nice fish! At least you got a nice bonnie! :thumbup: