Only Mad Dogs And Englishmen

Captain Pugwash

Well,

I had better get my rabies shot cause I must be a mad dog.

Sunday morning arrives with the winds pretty much as forecast. But having finally got the Black Pig back from Bobbin Head (after 3 weeks) to the Harbour on Sat and with a mate over from South Africa what else could I do? Out we go of course.

Thinking I would escape the worst of it I headed for Bantry bay first which wasn't too bad. Except there were no fish to be had.

Next stop Roseville, which was quite protected from the wind, but again no fish.

Eventually decide to brave it and head round to middle harbour and on to Reef Beach.

I can report one thing for sure. The only boat I could have possibly run into was the Manly Ferry! There wasn't a single soul on the water and with 3m swell rolling through the heads all the way to Dobroyd Pt, it was hardly surprising.

Fortunately the Pig is a sturdy big girl and it handled the conditions beautifully. Anchored up with some difficulty at reef beach and over the next 2 hrs caught a few small squire, a whiting and a couple of decent size bite-offs which must have been leatheries.

After being stuck on shore for so long those few small fish were manna from heaven and the rock and roll ride was a bit of fun thrown in.

It's just great to have the Pig back where she belongs and we'll be out there next weekend as usual.

All that fun PLUS getting to rub in the Wallaby victory to a jarpie all day Sunday?

It doesn't get any better than that!!!!!!!!! :1clap::1clap::1clap:

Cheers

Pete

Pete, I gotta say you're keen mate :thumbup:

Must be good to have her back, now you and dollface can rekindle your wee kend ritual and post some more reports that are always entertaining :thumbup:

Your not related to that Croc hunter Steve Irwin are you :biggrin2:

Guest Jocool

Don't why you guys think he is crazy...I'd be out there too given half a chance and a sturdy boat! :1clap: Onya Pete! :thumbup:

Pete, I gotta say you're keen mate :thumbup:

Must be good to have her back, now you and dollface can  rekindle your wee kend ritual and post some more reports that are always entertaining :thumbup:

Your not related to that Croc hunter Steve Irwin are you  :biggrin2:

57547[/snapback]

Just as annoying as Steve Irwin, probably as stupid but worth a Shxtload less money! :074:

After 3 weeks without her I just had to go for a run. What else was I going to do? Mow the lawns? I think not. Weekends are for fishing, rugby and drinking.

Every time I go down to the marina and see the millions of dollars of boats NEVER being used it makes me cringe. I bought the Black Pig so we could go fishing and that is what we do regardless. Stay tuned for when we get to retire because you'll get bored to death with the stories coming daily.

I've even thought about setting up a charter business so I could go out every day. But I couldn't stand being nice to people if they annoyed me, so I'll just keep working till I can afford to do it.

Bring on the social day!

Cheers all

Pete