First Fish For a Beginner

Gatte

Hello again Everyone,

Thought I'd Share some of the fun I had today with my delightful Partner and her 3 year old daughter. We've been living on the Central Coast together now for a few months and her daughter is always excited about coming to visit "Mummy at the Beach." We decided we would send her back with some fishing stories so this morning we set off for Hardy's Bay, having sucesfully found Whiting there in the past. It didnt take long for our spot to deliver with half a dozen whiting. Chantell and I hooked up for young Izzy to real in her first fish. This was just as exciting for us as it was for her!

Later in the day, after a nap of course, we headed down to the beach for your standard afternoon of Sand Castles and sea shell collecting. I Figured it coudln't hurt to take a Surf Rod with me...Just in case. Again, we didn't have to wait long before we heard a Run and we were on! Call me selfish, but this fish was mine haha! After a good fun fight, and even some jumping in the shallower water, we walked away with a nice Salmon and another great story for Izzy to take back to Nanny and Poppy.

Salmon was caught on a flathead fillet as I was having trouble getting a Pilchard to stay on in the surf, and it was at no particular time of the tide. Sadly, the hungry bugger all but digested my hooks too so getting another cast into the rest of the school wasn't an option. Non the less, we traded the Salmon for a massive bag of Prawn Chips at a local Malaysian resturant and had a great day!!

Hope you all have a great week, and find plenty of fish!

Gatts

post-23646-074343100 1344428143_thumb.jpg

post-23646-037550800 1344428384_thumb.jpg