The Kids First Blackfish

Dredog

Hi guys

The blackfish sure are firing at the moment. Must be fattening up to spawn. Went off Manly Wharf the other day with some fine weed, we retrieved from the pool at Curly.

Was educating the kids on the art of blackfish fishing and telling them to keep an eye on their float, when Riley asked, where his was. And low and behold this monster came up

from the depths. He was full as a boot with cabbage. Funny thing was though, when we were filleting the fish, I noticed a weird little growth under its skin, sort of like a growth.

Has any one else seen this in blackfish before, Ive caught heaps of them and this is the first time I,ve ever noticed. Its was like a little round growth with a tail attached to it.

Andre post-22294-095014900 1344569179_thumb.jpg

Good going mate thats a fine fish.Can you tell me what the length was and the weight.You mention that you wete fishing of Manly Wharf.To my knowledge fishing is banned there.Been a while since I fished there.What area of the wharf were you fishing?.With the growth I think it is a type of parasitic worm that is sometimes present usually in the bigger fish.I have encountered the odd fish with this.I just cut out the affected part of the flesh and its okay to cook the rest.

Cheers steve

1344581769[/url]' post='453188']

Good going mate thats a fine fish.Can you tell me what the length was and the weight.You mention that you wete fishing of Manly Wharf.To my knowledge fishing is banned there.Been a while since I fished there.What area of the wharf were you fishing?.With the growth I think it is a type of parasitic worm that is sometimes present usually in the bigger fish.I have encountered the odd fish with this.I just cut out the affected part of the flesh and its okay to cook the rest.

Cheers steve

We were off the net adjacent to Hugo's . In the boat. Yes unfortunately you can't go off the wharf, if you sneak under early before Sydney ferries see you , you can pull some monsters from under the wharf, near the wharf bar side. Some big bream too frequent the wharf, if you tuck under the wharf bar side you can get away with it. The length was 42cm, didn't weigh her, but she was chock a block full of weed.Andre