buying a downrigger

reyzor

hey guys,

my mates got a barcrusher 670c and i wanna get some downriggers for it..... any ideas on what to look for what to stay away from, we do a combination of fishing in lake mac, and out wide too.......

thanks heaps.

Guest Aussie007

i had a attwood downrigger i didnt like the circle motion to wind up so i went with a cannon lake troll downrigger have had it 3 years now its a ripper never had a problem with it other than the bushing needing a little bit of oil the downrigger was around $129 plus 3 day delivery from USA-AUS i paid all up including a release clip about AUD$210 and it included a release clip so i had two ive always ran a 8lb bomb never any issues ive even left the weight swinging from the boom while under way at full throttle :05: and nothing happen the boom stayed in tack

i have a scotty 1050 and its ok

but save your pennies and get one with a longer boom as it just makes life so much easier, and turning is easier as well

i plan to get rid of the scotty and get one of the aussie mades you can find online

Hello mate, I just did the same exercise and looked at Scotty's and cannon. Was introduced to Andy from the downrigger shop here is Sydney. Bought one off him and I just say it is fantastic. Better build quality and very well priced. Good luck with your search.