Casio G shock

rockfisherman

Hi Raiders

I currently own a battered and bruised Casio G shock Gulfman and I'm thinking of treating my self to a newer model.

The Gulfman displays tides and moon phases, wondering if in raiders own a Frogman (which is a Gulfman on steroids) also worth a lot more, or the newer Gulfman which looks like...

95879259-deb1-b030.jpg

Fishingphase

G'day Fishingphase,

I just checked out the G shock on the web. Nice watch, packed with features. Love the moon and tide phase features! I already own a Casio timepiece, analogue, which hasn't let me down for years, and as a nurse, I depend on my watch's reliability. So I can tell people that Casio watches today are a far cry from the el cheapo watch of yesteryear.

But on checking out the G shock further, I came across the Baby G shock. Sure, it's not solar powered, but it has almost the same amount of features as the one you are wearing now, but at just over $70 (plus shipping from HK), it comes in at a third of the price as the solar version. The CR1616 battery lasts 3 years. The only down side I could see, if you're picky, is that it's accuracy is + 30secs/month as opposed to 15 secs for it's big brother.

If, you're looking for a cost effective replacement, I hope the info helps.

Cheers,

Nursie

Edited by GreyNurse

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

My daughter has just ordered a RIP CURL TRESTLES OCEANSEARCH WATCH - MIDNIGHT LIME for me for Father's Day. As tide watches go, it's pretty impressive, with an Automatic Tide System feature that allows you to program the tides for any location worldwide. It also has a moon phase function and all the other basic features you'd expect on a digital watch. This sounds unreal if you travel about to fish. At $199 it's pricey without being ridiculous. But then again, I'm not paying for it! I'll post a report on it's practicality (battery life, durability, ease of use, etc) after I've been wearing it for a few months.

Cheers,

Nursie