Pretty Things

bombora

Hiya all, Barra Miller's column in latest modern fishing mentions a heap of new spin and baitcast rod components from Fuji. They are all little things to basically make your butt look better :biggrin2: . Includes things like metal (in several colours) winding checks, metal sleeves or collars (look like a shiny washer!) for placing, say, between the rear grip and butt cap, machined alloy reel seats (like on top end fly rods) for spinning reels, and some more things.

I've been waiting for stuff like this to be readily available and sensibly priced for bloody ages. Wrote a post two or three years ago asking if stuff like this was around. At last it is. I've always thought top end fly rods have the best butt/grip etc combos going (as far as looks, and really this is all this is about) but this stuff should change that.

Anyone seen this stuff? Anyone got pics????

Been thinking of ordering a customised Bream Buster or more likely a Beast Buster and now I think I've got the reason to do so. Hope Barra will make a cork skeleton reel seat combo using the machined alloy plus matching winding check and collars, all in a matt silver colour!!!!! Add those silver recoil guides and voila, what a damn sexy rod :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers Bombie

Guest Jocool

Just spotted the article last night but I havent read it yet. I suppose when you are spending big on the likes of a BB, a bit of bling would be nice. :1naughty:

Jethro the benefits are supposedly that they bend then return to their shape if you slam em into something or someone treads on the rod, instead of breaking or bending and popping the insert like other guides. That's what I've read anyway. As Joe said the rest of the stuff is really just pure bling! cheers Bombie

I saw a Loomis GLX last year with Recoils fitted. The salesman got a big kick out of demonstrating to me how tough the guides were by bending one backwards against the blank. The guide sprang back perfectly of course, leaving me suitably impressed.

Apparently Recoil's are quite noisey when using braid, and they actually remind me of the guides I used to have on my ol'Kmart special when I was 5, but the durability factor and the reduction in weight is pretty darn impressive.

Pukk'

Cheers Andrew. I will have a look at the site.

... and they actually remind me of the guides I used to have on my ol'Kmart special when I was 5....

57919[/snapback]

Thats what I thought when I first saw them... I thought they were another set of cheapie guides..... Might have to have another look at them

G'day Jethro

I picked up a GLX 4-7kg king stick last year and have found the REC guides sensational. Only picked up some rats but no noise on the heavier stick using 10lb fireline and the total rod weighs in under 100g. Recently matched with 3000 Luvias it really packs a punch for an extremely light weight outfit.

i had the chance to play with a GLX loomis baitcaster when i was up fishing the daly earlier in this year and was pretty impressed. the weight reduction is fantastic - can only help the rods action. the fact that they are so damage resistant is just a bonus.

thing is, i feel my BB is light enough already. even coupled with a non mg reel (ultegra 1000) its hardly noticable