Braid for Bream

Spooooled

Ive been looking all around for some decent 4lb braid cant seem to find anything that light only power pro, i want something that can cast a bit further so i decided to probably purchase the super pe rock fish 6lb, i know its some thin braid, but i was wondering is 6lb to heavy for bream? Also does anyone know any other braids i could buy from a tackle shop, not really looking to buy online.

cheers

thanks for that, how much pound braid do you guys suggest for bream fishing with lures?

I have 3 outfits that i use on bream. 8lb for hardbodies and bait, 5lb for SP in tight terrain and 3lb in open water. 4lb should suit your bream needs very well.

I picked up something called OH Dragon a few months ago in 6lb, it's the 4th spool of 6lb i've bought and by far the best.

The diameter of it makes Sunline Super PE look like rope, it outcasts everything else I've got in the same breaking strain and ties a fine knot.

I picked up something called OH Dragon a few months ago in 6lb, it's the 4th spool of 6lb i've bought and by far the best.

The diameter of it makes Sunline Super PE look like rope, it outcasts everything else I've got in the same breaking strain and ties a fine knot.

Hows the casting on it mate?

Hows the casting on it mate?

Awesome, better than anything I've used in that class.

I've got a 1000 size reel with 2 spools. 6lb Sunline Super PE on one, 6lb OH Dragon on the other.

I did a little test when I got the OH Dragon, put same length 4lb fluoro leader on both braids, tied a 1/24th size jig head and 80mm wriggler onto both and spent a while casting at bridge pylons. The OH Dragon definately casts further.

You can get it in lower breaking strains (which I intended to do) but it's so thin I just went for 6lb again for some insurance.

Only downside is it's a little pricey, and the orange dye on the line has deteriorated quicker than on other braids I've used.

Sunline is probably the braid u should get if your on a tight budget.

I've used OH dragon in higher breaking strains and it does cast quite far but for bream I use linesystem bass hard . pricey but you will not regret this purchase by far the thinnest furthest casting braid and I've even been wrapped around a pylon on a sambo and was still able to slowly pull him out without breaking the braid.

And the color on the linesystem bass hard does not wear anywhere near as fast as OH dragon.

Awesome, better than anything I've used in that class.

I've got a 1000 size reel with 2 spools. 6lb Sunline Super PE on one, 6lb OH Dragon on the other.

I did a little test when I got the OH Dragon, put same length 4lb fluoro leader on both braids, tied a 1/24th size jig head and 80mm wriggler onto both and spent a while casting at bridge pylons. The OH Dragon definately casts further.

You can get it in lower breaking strains (which I intended to do) but it's so thin I just went for 6lb again for some insurance.

Only downside is it's a little pricey, and the orange dye on the line has deteriorated quicker than on other braids I've used.

Sunline is probably the braid u should get if your on a tight budget.

I've used OH dragon in higher breaking strains and it does cast quite far but for bream I use linesystem bass hard . pricey but you will not regret this purchase by far the thinnest furthest casting braid and I've even been wrapped around a pylon on a sambo and was still able to slowly pull him out without breaking the braid.

And the color on the linesystem bass hard does not wear anywhere near as fast as OH dragon.

is there anywere i could purchase these lines without it being over the net? as i really need them ASAP.

Thanks