Late Bream session on Berowra

jordan.widz

G'day Raiders,

Well after last weekends success on the river me and good mate Flatty Slayer had plans to hit up the bream again but as it seems everything was trying to keep us away from the fish.

So Sunday morning came and I struggled to get out of bed after a long drive back from the slopes the previous night, the weather looked perfect, clear skies, not a breath of wind so we hooked up the tinny with the brand new bow mount watersnake and eventually made it down to the river after dodging the numerous cyclists. Once we got down to the ramp we discovered that the carby was all blocked up and not getting any fuel through so we hooked it back up and and went back home to clean it out, we got all the grit out and fitted it back on, started it and watched it run, then back to the river. Second time lucky now we are hoping but nope, motor decides to play silly buggers and doesn't want to start in the water :ranting2: WTF. The carby was getting fuel through it this time but it just wouldn't fire. If anyones got any ideas please let me know (got spark, compression, strainers and filter are good, fuel diaphram pump works)

Anyway we wern't gonna let the motor stop us this time, we still had the leccy and a full battery and I was very impressed with with it, the battery ran it the whole arvo non-stop, it was easy to use and kept us right in the strike zone. But since we couldn't get to the good spots up the river without the motor we had to stick around the 4 knot zone and only found small ones, the biggest was just over 30cm. But not complaining we still went home with 6 bream and it was still a fun fight on the light 1-3kg Lox. Flatty Slayer even got dusted by a big sucker. All in all a fustrating but good and successfull day and the faithful Berowra still hasn't let us down.

Catch ya later,

Prawn Star. :thumbup:

post-14559-076021000 1345542534_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone, I've just been using Squidgy's on resin jigheads, best ones tend to be wrigglers, lobby's and critters. Anything that will move without any help from the angler. Look for spots that contain food and shelter for the bream (Berowra is pretty much lined with old manky jettys and rock walls) You need ultra light line and a long flicky rod to get these plastics in the opfkfpo and most importantly don't impart any action on your lure just watch and wait for your line to shoot through the water and strike, simple as that.