Battery for an Electric

tentonner

Hi raiders,

just ordered a 54lb Jarvis Marine SWAD for my bass hunter boat. I'm really confused as to what battery to buy, the specs for the motor says it draws 40 amps (I assume this is going at max speed)and I would hope to have around 2-3 hrs of running use. So what type of battery should I be looking at to run this thing?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tentonner

Look for AGM Battery

I use a Deka SEA Mate 105 Ah, 800CCA with my 55lbs Minn Kota and very happy with my setup.

Get the right charger for your battery and straight after use hook up the battery to your charger.

Keep the battery fully charged all the time.

Roland

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 2

I have a 55Lb Minn Kota and use a Trojan 100Ah deep cycle lead acid battery. I think the model is a 105 something... I like these as they are high quality and they have the best power reserve for weight that I could find. I get a full day with mixed trolling and manourvering with plenty in reserve. My boat is a 5.9 aluminium runabout. (older type)

AGM batteries are very good batteries also and last a bit longer as in age, but they are extra heavy in weight from what I have seen. All depends on what your priorites are I suppose. The main thing with any battery is to take care of it. Dont let it run down too far and charge as soon as possible and keep it maintained charge wise. I hook up mine monthly and recharge when not in use. Use a high quality charger like C Tek.

Guest leisureman

What battery would everyone suggest on a 24lb Watersnake on a 2man kayak? Thrashing an old car battery now which seems ok for weight but the lighter the better is needed.

I have a 55Lb Minn Kota and use a Trojan 100Ah deep cycle lead acid battery. I think the model is a 105 something... I like these as they are high quality and they have the best power reserve for weight that I could find. I get a full day with mixed trolling and manourvering with plenty in reserve. My boat is a 5.9 aluminium runabout. (older type)

AGM batteries are very good batteries also and last a bit longer as in age, but they are extra heavy in weight from what I have seen. All depends on what your priorites are I suppose. The main thing with any battery is to take care of it. Dont let it run down too far and charge as soon as possible and keep it maintained charge wise. I hook up mine monthly and recharge when not in use. Use a high quality charger like C Tek.

Cheers mate appreciate your help, I will do a little bit more homework and look at the brands you have suggested, Ideally I would like the lightest possible that will also handle a long Bream session :thumbup: