Curl Curl Last night

Hey raiders,

went off north curly last night with some live mullet and a salmon head, Thought i might try my luck at some big fellas. Got out around 9pm and chucked them both out. There was a small channel and gutter not far from the lagoon entrance and the wind had died down so it was a good night. Burlied up all night but didnt even get a touch. Ended up butterflying the mullet to try and tempt something but still no nibbles. Fished to the high tide then packed it up at 12.

Was a really good night even tho i didnt get any fish, managed to see 5 separate shooting stars which was pretty nice. so all in all a win!

Dave

Hey raiders,

went off north curly last night with some live mullet and a salmon head, Thought i might try my luck at some big fellas. Got out around 9pm and chucked them both out. There was a small channel and gutter not far from the lagoon entrance and the wind had died down so it was a good night. Burlied up all night but didnt even get a touch. Ended up butterflying the mullet to try and tempt something but still no nibbles. Fished to the high tide then packed it up at 12.

Was a really good night even tho i didnt get any fish, managed to see 5 separate shooting stars which was pretty nice. so all in all a win!

Dave

5 shooting stars!!! You're obviously wishing for the wrong things!!! :lol:

I hit Narrabeen Beach early on Friday morning, using perfect squid for bait... nothing doing at all. Hardly even pickers, both in the holes and in the wash. I think it was just too flat and the low tide did not help.

Still, a beautiful morning, even without shooting stars.

Hey raiders,

Dave

Can be a tough little spot, but always has nice gutters.

S.

I hit Mona Vale this morning - first time this "summer" with livies in the bucket. Only one livie actually, as that was all I could get last night. Mona Vale was the one beach showing holes on the surf cams yesterday. Very flat everywhere. In spite of the flat, I got there very early due to about-to-go-fishing-insomnia and chucked out mr livie next to the only structure on the beach, some rocks ~ middle. 30 minutes later, the line goes dead, then tap tap, then slack. I wind in, guess this is a tailor, but still only very light taps. A few more times, and still gently going slack even as I reel the bait in towards the meager breakers. Going for broke, a big strike, and I got 'em, a little tailor goes into the bucket.

But lost my one livie for a little tailor.

and after that I only had servo squid for bait, and it proved useless. I don't think I'll try it again. Pillies seem robust enough for the odd fish, but squid is the s@#$@S out of the servo freezer. Beauty morning though.

BB

post-8116-024045800 1346401533_thumb.jpg

post-8116-050721900 1346401595_thumb.jpg