Davistown

marley

Ok the stars have aligned and I am set to target blackies this weekend. I am currently putting a plan together and I am thinking of trying Davistown.

My question is "what wharf?" in Davistown. I have looked on nearmap.com and it looks like the one on Amy street would be perfect.

ANy fished this spot before? If so any advice would be awesome and very much appreciated

enjoy your day all

gav

Haven't tried davistown for blackies, if it's the Amy st I'm thinking of at the boat ramp the current can get pretty wild. A bit of a drive from there though at hardy's bay I've seen some big school of them hanging out right under the warf. Also know you can get some whiting, bream and pinkies if you cast out a bit. Good spot for nippers on a run out.

Good luck let us know how you get on :)

Edited by Gatts

Hi Gatts

Thanks for the info.

Might give Hardy's Bay a go on the run in tide. One rod for blackies and one with a floated nipper out wide.

I know the spot you are talking about to get the nippers too..pumping nippers is a lot of fun with the kids there

Worse case I can walk across to the bottle shop :biggrin2:

gav

Ok the stars have aligned and I am set to target blackies this weekend. I am currently putting a plan together and I am thinking of trying Davistown.

My question is "what wharf?" in Davistown. I have looked on nearmap.com and it looks like the one on Amy street would be perfect.

ANy fished this spot before? If so any advice would be awesome and very much appreciated

enjoy your day all

gav

G'day mate, Just a question about Nearmap.com? I've not heard of it. Do you recommend this site? How old is the imagery? Why is it better than google maps? Thanks

Nearmap's images are very current (they take a new photo every month), and they have allow you to scroll back through the old images. I find this helps a lot when seeing what change a spot has had over a period of time. I don't necessarily prefer it over google maps, but like to use the both of them. They each have their own uses

Hope this helps

gav