Quick arvo blackies

bharris

Hit lambeth park on the low tide with week old hacking weed no burley except what i scraped of the mud/sand moved around a bit to find the fish but found a few and dropped heeps95879218-f11f-20fa.jpg

Ps.there was a fella fishing and he had his bag limit with only 4 under 35cm

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Nice work :) do blackfish take any other bait? Or just weed? And what kind of rig do u use? Is the pencil float people use just a visual aid or does your bait need to be right on the surface?

Sorry bout all the questions.. Just never caught one so really curious!

Yeah there fun to catch you can get them on other bait at certon times of the year but most on weed or cabbage.have a read of the blackfish post roberta wrote it will be a big help

Hit lambeth park on the low tide with week old hacking weed no burley except what i scraped of the mud/sand moved around a bit to find the fish but found a few and dropped heeps95879218-f11f-20fa.jpg

Ps.there was a fella fishing and he had his bag limit with only 4 under 35cm

Whiting,

I followed your advice on Sunday and tried Kelso Park Board walk on the far end at low tide and boat traffic dying away. My son and I got some quality blackfish around 8 from 32cm - 38 cm and left them biting. Now as my wife had prepared a 3pm barbecue and guess what thats when they started biting. We arrived home at 4pm to a sharp tongue.

Earlier in the day we tried under Warick Farm Bridge on last hour of the run in and did not lose a bait. We upped camp and moved to the inlet spit of Chippingnorton lake with tide about to turn and landed a fish around 36cm with the fattest body I have ever seen in a blackfish. Once the tide turned and applying heavy burly for about 3/4 hour with not even a smell we decided to give Kelso a go. Thanks for your tip.

Howsy