Sunday Afternoon Troll

duckegg

Boys,

Got out Sunday arvo for the first time in a while. Big schools of fish everywhere down near Marley, about 2kms out. Fish looked to be 3-5kg jobs but couldnt get close enough to get a cast in let alone hook one. Very boat shy and moved faster than any school i have ever chased.

Whilst I suspect they were either stripies or macs I got a glimpse of one and it looked a little more yft...Did anyone jag any of these fish?

Johno

Boys,

Got out Sunday arvo for the first time in a while. Big schools of fish everywhere down near Marley, about 2kms out. Fish looked to be 3-5kg jobs but couldnt get close enough to get a cast in let alone hook one. Very boat shy and moved faster than any school i have ever chased.

Whilst I suspect they were either stripies or macs I got a glimpse of one and it looked a little more yft...Did anyone jag any of these fish?

Johno

Most probably stripies. We had some fun on a few out there last week while on a snapper run. We got 6 stripies between 3-5 kg before leaving them and going back to the reds. Managed half a dozen reds to 3.5kg also.

Yea I saw them on Saturday whilst fishing for reds down that way,we fought a 5 kilo model for 30 minutes on a squid rod,broke up a slow red session so can't complain,if they got big like YFT they would be unstoppable

These were definetely stripeys we caught a few,they were extremely fussy when we were chasing them.whenever we settled into a drift they would pop up and that's when they would bite,they were massacring tiny baitfish that were using the dead boat as cover,I had talked myself into them being macs until we saw a couple hit the deck,now the squidding reel needs a service!

Most probably stripies. We had some fun on a few out there last week while on a snapper run. We got 6 stripies between 3-5 kg before leaving them and going back to the reds. Managed half a dozen reds to 3.5kg also.

Thanks mate,

Are there any tips you can give me on the reds. Have put in quite a bit of time down around the hump for doughnuts. Appreciate you dont want to blow your spots but general areas, tips would be gratefully received. Funnily enough i was going to target reds on Sunday but had a gimp on board so decided to troll.

Johno

Just got back from a short flathead fish out of Jibbon this morning. There were fish busting up everywhere so when the wind picked up we went for a troll for an hour or so and the 2 we got were Stripies. One was in 25 metres of water almost inside the bommie. Had some break up at one stage right next to the boat and I'm sure I saw a Kingy in amonst them.

Just got back from a short flathead fish out of Jibbon this morning. There were fish busting up everywhere so when the wind picked up we went for a troll for an hour or so and the 2 we got were Stripies. One was in 25 metres of water almost inside the bommie. Had some break up at one stage right next to the boat and I'm sure I saw a Kingy in amonst them.

Thanks Boattart

Might be worth a look on the weekend.

Johno

No problem Duckegg. Funny how many Cronulla locals are on here and not one of us made it into an episode of "The Shire". On a numbers basis maybe the producer should have done an episode on fishing, it would have been more indicative of the local lifestyle.

No problem Duckegg. Funny how many Cronulla locals are on here and not one of us made it into an episode of "The Shire". On a numbers basis maybe the producer should have done an episode on fishing, it would have been more indicative of the local lifestyle.

+1 :thumbup: