Houseboat week

nautica

Hi Raiders, I had a week on the hawkesbury river chasing Jews or hair tail . I managed a couple or tailer and squid for live bait for donuts at the following locations Juno point , rail bride, freeway bridge , wb , jb , little jb and a couple more fishing holes . I don't know if the moon played a big part but even a flathed drift turned up trumps . Not my week I guess

sorry to hear that mate. ive spent a bit of time on the hawkesbury with a mate from my local tackle shop who has a house up there. its a hard place to fish and more often then not ive gone home empty handed. personally now ill only fish the hawkesbury if im heading up to my mates for a few days to get out of sydney.

The hawkesbury is at times the hardest estuary in the Sydney are to fish.. Given its shear size, the fish are VERY spread out. During winter i only fish the mouth of the hawkesbury around flint n steel and juno... sounds like it may been just bad luck.. Squid and tailor are top baits for jew.. In summer places like Bar Pt and Pumpkin Point are great for schoolies as the fish seem to head up stream with the warm water.. Think of it this way.. If you have the right bait/lure, in the right place, at the right time.. then its only a matter of time until you get a few.. Keep at it mate! :biggrin2:

Cheers, Tom

The hawkesbury is at times the hardest estuary in the Sydney are to fish.. Given its shear size, the fish are VERY spread out. During winter i only fish the mouth of the hawkesbury around flint n steel and juno... sounds like it may been just bad luck.. Squid and tailor are top baits for jew.. In summer places like Bar Pt and Pumpkin Point are great for schoolies as the fish seem to head up stream with the warm water.. Think of it this way.. If you have the right bait/lure, in the right place, at the right time.. then its only a matter of time until you get a few.. Keep at it mate! :biggrin2:

Cheers, Tom

The last time i fished the area there were 5 trawlers working the area between flint & steel and Patonga no wonder its not producing.

Yeah when I was at Juno there where 4 trawlers doing laps around me don't know if they where prawn trawlers. To be honest I think I will only go when the hair tail are thick because it starts to get anoying when you can't even get a flathead. Shame because it's a nice place.