solid squid

sydangler

just a quick report. decided to walk down the street this morning for half an hour to try for some squid to go with the kingfish fillets for lunch. got down to one of my favorite spots in north harbour bit breezy but nice clear water. first cast and as my jig came back over the weed I spotted a toad fish coming to investigate my jig I let him get close then went to whip it away from him before he got to chew it up but to my suprise when I whipped the rod it loaded up and a solid squid started pulling drag. got him on the deck fished for another half hour for nothing and headed home.

post-23589-042430600 1346460114_thumb.jpg

Edited by sydangler

just a quick report. decided to walk down the street this morning for half an hour to try for some squid to go with the kingfish fillets for lunch. got down to one of my favorite spots in north harbour bit breezy but nice clear water. first cast and as my jig came back over the weed I spotted a toad fish coming to investigate my jig I let him get close then went to whip it away from him before he got to chew it up but to my suprise when I whipped the rod it loaded up and a solid squid started pulling drag. got him on the deck fished for another half hour for nothing and headed home.

That's a squid, the ones I catch are about as big as one of the wings on that thing. well done!

• 2 weeks later...

Caught eight last week in the bay land based. The one on the left was well over a kilo.post-11722-003041600 1346539647_thumb.jpg

Where do you find ones like that on land based. I normally go to the little wharf kinda things to catch near port hacking. I love going squidy so much excitement :)