New rod choice

AndrewNR

Hi all. Hope to get some feedback if possible. I have a Stella 4000fe loaded with 30lb braid on a g loomis10-20 lb med/fast rod. The rod is great down low but the only issue I have is how sloppy the top half of the rod is. Wanting to change to something a bit stiffer as I have grown to not like the super soft feel of the top of the rod. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Being a little biased here but love the Pflueger Patriarch XTR rod and also the Abu Garcia Nexus, got one of them recently and it is quite a nice rod.

If you don't mind spending the money, have a look at the Berkley Venom range, they are a beautiful rod and a few members on here have them and can vouch for their quality and feel.

You can check them out also at our COTM sponsors website www.purefishing.com.au

Pure Fishing will be releasing a new range of gear soon and from what I have seen and had the pleasure of playing with, the new range is gonna be good, maybe worth waiting on the release of the new gear if you're not in a hurry.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. Have heard a lot of talk about the pfleugers and it's good. Will definatly go and have a look. Any idea on the release date of the new models? Cheers Andrew.

Edited by cant catch any

Hi.

I have a couple of the original Smaki Zecton rods, the first series, in 2 different line classes and love them. Can't be faulted.

They are my "go to" rods in terms of feel and performance.

A mate I fish with has a gloomis in the same line class and size and although more expensive than my Samaki, the feel of the Samaki is much much better.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

arydupep.jpg

Thanks for the reply It an extra fast rod. My mistake. Please see pic it has details for the rod

hey mate, i've got a force lite 7'3 12-25lb, and agree- they are a little noodlish. they are designed that way to prevent pulled hooks on braid. I've got a similarly rated berkely venom cobra 7-12 kg matched to a 5000fj 20lb braid-it is quite tippy, bending significantly through the top third before really loading up to its full potential. I got the cobra from the online store at coffs more then half price at the moment- it is a classy rod, but 6 inches shorter then what you are replacing.

good luck

tom B