advice needed on boat choice

Bent_Rod

Hi

im currently looking for a boat for fishing the harbour and botany bay.

There are 3 boats i am interested in.

your advice on which is suitable and better value for money would be greatly appreciated.

boat 1:

2002 Quintrex 455 coastrunner, 2002 60hp merc 2 stroke(usa model). 80hrs. front steering power tilt electric start .excellent condition $14000

boat 2:

Brooker 450 seaman 2009, 2009 50hp mercury 4 stroke, tiller steer, power tilt. 20 hours. excellent condition $12000

boat 3:

quintrex 445 dory 2003, 40hp yamaha 2 stroke 2003(year unconfirmed)unknown hours, pull start, no battery (manual tilt) good condition $7500

If you think none are value for money i will forget about them both and keep looking.

or maybe you think one is good for a better price?

thanks in advance

Personally, I think the bigger the better with more power. Botany Bay can get really choppy when the wind comes up and it can be dangerous for small boats. Also the Harbour can get pretty uncomfortable when you have ferries creating large wakes all over the place. It is common to see a 4 foot wake wave coming at you from private cruisers giving it heaps or even pilot boats so you can get tossed around a fair bit. I really wouldn't fancy anything under 4.5 mteres unless you only go when all is calm.

thanks for the advice bream.

i will stick with 4.5m size boats and over. i have my eye on a clean brooker seaman 2001, with front steering, power tilt/trim and 40hp yammie. freinds advised me that tiller steer sometimes becomes uncomfortable to drive in because you cannot see infront of you all the time. They also told me boats without windscreens tend to allow splash to fall on riders.

im learning as i go along. last boat i bought i got absolutely rorted up the a$$, so this time i want to do my research and get as much advice as i can.

I've got a 4.75m forward steer Brooker which I'm very happy with. The thing to remember though is I think any tinnie in that size range is going to get a bit wet when you encounter serious chop. If you really want a spot safe from the spray get a bimini and clears made up for it. Will set you back $1000-$1500 or so but well worth it on ugly days.

I bought mine new and Brooker represented the best value for money at the time in my view, but some swear by the Quintrex hulls and don't mind paying the extra. In the 2nd hand market I imagine the price difference is lower.

lookin from 7.5k to 14 k id be more inclined @ looking at what you can tow with your car,obviously the bigger the better ,the harbours are big place which side of the bridge ? how many ppl are you going to carry ? ,how much do you want to spend in total boat/trailer/motor/safetygear/ and with those new rules maybe thats why theres plenty to choose from under 4.8 mt.