narrabeen lakes

scoggs

Hi Mate,

To be honest the lake shuts down during the colder water temp months. The lake has been open, however, it's been pushing 15oc water around the lake.

In saying that, there is always the odd Taylor, Bream, Whiting & Flathead if you work hard for them. The Best bet is to use live estuarine baits such as small poddy mullet or live nippers. These always work well for me when I fish it during the warmer months of the year.

Keep your leader down to 4 or 6 lb and use little or no lead. These combinations can increase your chances when the fish are shut down.

Good luck

Butch

Completely agree with BUTCH. Shuts down in the cooler months so best bet is to grab some poddies (try the reserve along the wakehurst parkway) and fish them in the "hot spots". If i were a betting man my money would be on the woolies bridge, run out tide with live poddies for some flathead.. Fresh prawns would probably be next on the list. Don't be affraid to try some SP or blades though. They have done a lot of the damage lately!

Cheers, Tom

what side of the bridge do u normall fish the right hand side were woolworths is or behind the restraunts on the other side? and also what end the woolies end or the other end?

Generally i fish the woolies side but both sides can be fished for similar results.

i am planning on trying my luck on fishing narrebeen lakes on the weekend probaly sunday 9th september, can anyone advise me on what fish are out there and what bait to use. cheers scott :1fishing1::thumbup:

Spent all day there today, loverly sunny day but a resounding doughnut. Fished SPs at various spots, opposite caravan park, Lakeside Park sports fields, Middle Creek. No bites whatsover. Watched a few other anglers in between, only thing I saw caught was a bream barely larger than the prawn it was caught on... Probably still too early, although as others have said, you might just be lucky! Anyway, that's what I always tell myself when I go.

• 1 month later...

Spent all day there today, loverly sunny day but a resounding doughnut. Fished SPs at various spots, opposite caravan park, Lakeside Park sports fields, Middle Creek. No bites whatsover. Watched a few other anglers in between, only thing I saw caught was a bream barely larger than the prawn it was caught on... Probably still too early, although as others have said, you might just be lucky! Anyway, that's what I always tell myself when I go.

Do you think now would be better? Im thinking of going down.

Do you think now would be better? Im thinking of going down.

Flatties are biting around the entrance do deep creek, with a few bream and whiting around the river mouth... If you look hard enough there are some EP's being caught as well.. The mullet down the back of the lake are great fun on light gear when over 35cm. Some really big ones too!

Flatties are biting around the entrance do deep creek, with a few bream and whiting around the river mouth... If you look hard enough there are some EP's being caught as well.. The mullet down the back of the lake are great fun on light gear when over 35cm. Some really big ones too!

Can confirm the mullet fun. That's what I've gone for on my last two trips to Narrabeen, landbased. About half a dozen legal sized ones every trip, though they all went back. Tried both Middle Creek and Deep Creek and found the bigger fish in Middle Creek, although Deep Creek was on a very windy day which made things more difficult float fishing!

Hey Tom

Had a fish around the bridge in deep creek with my 4 year old the other day. Caught a few mullet...they fight like crazy. He loved it.

Had a thumper ray glide under us there too in only a couple of feet of water. Beautiful to watch. Must have been almost a couple of feet across

I left a small poddy out in case a hungry flattie went past when we paddled around a bit more but nothing interested. I spent most of my time getting bread back on his hooks

I will try to get out again soon, will try for these flatties. Are you only using SP?

Mat

Edited by dadwithnoidea

Hey Tom

Had a fish around the bridge in deep creek with my 4 year old the other day. Caught a few mullet...they fight like crazy. He loved it.

Had a thumper ray glide under us there too in only a couple of feet of water. Beautiful to watch. Must have been almost a couple of feet across

I left a small poddy out in case a hungry flattie went past when we paddled around a bit more but nothing interested. I spent most of my time getting bread back on his hooks

I will try to get out again soon, will try for these flatties. Are you only using SP?

Mat

Hi mate,

yeah the mullet are great fun on light gear! Perfect for the kids. Sounds like you have a yak of some sort? If so then trolling round a little 2.5m diver should pick up a flattie or two. The back end of the lake is best for this. Flick SP's around the flats at the entrance to deep creek and you'll get some. If you grab some Z-man grubs (2.5") and flick them around you'll get flatties, bream and whiting on them. Popper work well on the whiting as well. They sell great whiting poppers at then local tackle store there so pick a few up!