Trouting Tcd

Matt

With all the recent rain around the state I was kind of hoping that some of it had transformed into runoff for the Blue Mountains Lakes. A late morning drive up to Thompsons Creek Dam was called for to investigate to see if this had indeed happened. Rather coincidentally Swoffa had the same idea!!

Thompsons had indeed come up a little but not that much but atleast some of the recent "mud baths" were now underwater again and it was easier to get at the water! The Dam Wall was first option, usually a good provider of a Rainbow or two but none showed and we headed off to the shoreline to throw minnows around.

It didn't take long for a fish to show up and I netted a superb 5lb Rainbow for Swoffa, showing its spawning colours, pity there is nowhere for it to spawn.

We kinda hoped this would fire off a good session but the next few hours went very slowly. I lost a fish at the quarry that took a Krocodile Spoon but the fishing had certainly slowed down from recent weeks.

On our return to the area where Swoff got his first we encountered a couple of guys using plastics. They had 2 solid Rainbows and were to account for a further 2 later in the evening. We also got another suprise when a Fisheries Officer came around. Good to see the boys out and about Whilst we where chatting to the Fisheries chap, Swoff showed off by hooked and landing of a top 5lb Brown.

The Fisheries guy took some happy snaps of the 5lb Brown for the Fisheries site!

With the evening rolling on we gave the Dam Wall another shot for zilch and called it a day. Not a bad session, despite me doughnutting!

Cheers

Windy

post-52-1121326484_thumb.jpg

post-52-1121326517_thumb.jpg

Guest bluecod
GEEZ those trout look in great condition. On ya boys! :thumbup:

57956[/snapback]

As Joe says the trout look in really good nick :thumbup:

I'm going to leave the obvious opening for someone else :074::074::074:

Great report and great pix guys, but I tell ya one thing, I would much rather have my dollars paying a fisheries inspector to watch over NATIVE fish, not put that effort into checking on introduced, stocked non-spawning non-aussie fish!!!! Catch a bugger who has two buckets of undersized bream, rather than guard spotted carp :( cheers Bombie

, I would much rather have my dollars paying a fisheries inspector to watch over NATIVE fish, not put that effort into checking on introduced, stocked non-spawning non-aussie fish!!!!

Thats OK Bombie, that was the fishing inspector I pay with my licence dollars, :074:

I saw your fishing inspector today, he was having a punt and a beer at the :beersmile::smoke: pub

:074::074::074:

I wouldn't know mate, they both went back. I was actually hoping to catch a smaller one to take home for my smoker, but I seem to only be capable of catching big fish...  :1prop:

57998[/snapback]

tsk tsk :074: you're going MARLIN fishing next trip!

Matt

Well done guys top looking fish you got there, will have to get up there myself.Ive seen some similar sized fish in wentworth falls lake but geez there hard to catch.Although you didnt get as many as last trip you are fishing very consistently getting good fish every trip well done! :1clap:

Great report and great pix guys, but I tell ya one thing, I would much rather have my dollars paying a fisheries inspector to watch over NATIVE fish, not put that effort into checking on introduced, stocked non-spawning non-aussie fish!!!! Catch a bugger who has two buckets of undersized bream, rather than guard spotted carp :(  cheers Bombie

57972[/snapback]

The chappie we spoke to said his office also do the native lakes around the area (Whyangala, Windamere, Burrendong, Carcoar etc) but there just isnt enough of them to conistently cover everything. Although I love my Trout I tend to agree with your sentiments :1clap:

Cheers

Windy

• 4 weeks later...