Tomorrow 8/9/12

Plumb

Who's heading out tomorrow? Wind looks to have dropped and is predicted for 20-30.

I'll be heading out for a few early hrs, might troll a few skirts around the jibbon bommie, then try for a feed of flathead, If the wind allows.

Luke

Edited by Plumb

According to seabreeze its going to be blowin at 20knots all day :thumbdown: still pretty windy out here at Penrith

Sunday arvo is looking pretty good or even better Monday (My Day Off)

Brett

year that's the problem with fishing. Got to go when you get a chance. Mon/ Tue look the days of choice (if I had any)

Got new props yesterday so may take the boat for a test run tomorrow if not then Sunday just depends on the wind in the morning.

new props nice, what engine (s) are you running? I've been thinking about a new s/s job not sure if it's worth the $

Might wait till I run a few more sand bars ;)

It's got twin 150 Mercury Verados. It came with the stainless Mirage Plus props but I just bought a pair of stainless 4 blade props. Hopefully that will improve the mid range accelaration and I was getting a bit of cavitation at low revs.

Hey boattart, the problem isn't the props...

You've got TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER!!

Try a single 15hp like mine, I don't have any cav problems...

Hey boattart, the problem isn't the props...

You've got TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER!!

Try a single 15hp like mine, I don't have any cav problems...

Gday Motohead. The cavitation is at low speed particularly with a following sea as the stern gets lifted up. The other issue is acceleration and staying on a plan in the mid range revs. Given the boat is 27ft and 3,500kg it's not over powered.

Gday Motohead. The cavitation is at low speed particularly with a following sea as the stern gets lifted up. The other issue is acceleration and staying on a plan in the mid range revs. Given the boat is 27ft and 3,500kg it's not over powered.

Sorry boattart, just pullin' your anchor chain...!!!