The one that finally didn't get away..

niclebum

Hi Raiders,

The day started with a nice 52cm flatty landed LB with a few nerve raking moments whilst trying to land it solo.

My two mates and I then put his tinny in to go and try our luck in Tarban Creek to shelter from the wind, dedicating the whole session to plastics and it paid off! We first landed a legal flatty (38cm) which seemed so much bigger as it was foul hooked. Everything went fairly quiet. After a couple of hours nothing happened before we emerged out of the calm creek to be hit by massive winds, no match for the tinny, but anchoring up again and casting at structure soon resulted in a 42cm flatty followed by a lost fish of around the same size.

With a Powerbait Minnow and a finesse head, I casted out to the side an slowly jigged it back until all hell broke loose with my rod bending totally in half. The fish took a couple of fast runs before swimming straight under the boat. The rod now was at breaking point before it was relieved when I somehow got it around the motor. More fast runs and a precarious netting left us with a nice rat king just under legal sized :thumbup: .

All in all a really successful day for us and Summers looking very positive.

• 5 months later...