Hawkesbury & Broken Bay

helliconia

You will have to work very hard for a result! The trawlers continue to give the area a belting, and even the usually reliable salmon run has been mighty patchy. If the weather permits, i would be flicking plastics and small metal lures into the washes around Barrenjoey and West Head. I have pulled a small number of bonito and tailor out this way in the past month. Someone will have better ideas! Good luck. PS, anyone got any updates on the proposed commercial fishing license buy backs for Pittwater & Broken Bay?

Taking a mate from work out on Friday, perhaps around Flint & Steel and Lion Island.

Just checking to see how people have been doing around that area, what should we be targeting and which baits are working?

fished yesterday mate 4 bream and usual reef fish at flint and steel 1,5 hours into the run out tide then moved around Brooklyn drifting for around 8 Flathead .get there very early as you can they went of the bite around 11.30 was a bit of a pain with that green weed that wraps around your line and bait .also had the crab traps out for a big fat zero weed in traps as well.yes those trawlers were there as usual they always work the area from the mouth of cowan up towards flint and steel i think the reason the work that area is because it is a clean sandy bottom so drift were the trawlers don't work good luck dont forget to burley