Taking no 1 son fishing

funnierthanu

Finally after a 4 month absence from fishing i finally got a weekend off work and had planned a trip fishing with the family . Did a few checks on the important factors and it was all bad . The wind was up and 1 of the boys was sick so we were down to just a father and son trip. Now to work out where to fish , what spots are going to be out of the wind .

We picked Sussex as it would be protected and i wanted to show the boy all the fish in the pond at Husky creek.We left home at 8 and pick up some worms ( incase the whiting were around )and headed down .We dropped the boat into the wind and headed across the bay .Half way over and there was a 1.5 metre surge running untill we got around the point and got into the channel .

We set the boat up and i looked at the sounder , the water temp was 13.3 , no whiting in that water so we started fishing for mullet instead. It was windy and we needed the 2 anchors to stop the boat swaying around everywhere.The burly deployed and it didnt take long for the fish to arrive .We fished solid for the next 3 hrs with no another boat in sight .We only got 1 whiting and all the bream didnt fight which i think was due to the cold water .

We took nearly 1 hr to get back across the bay as the wind was so bad but it was worth it .

Then we headed over to Husky creek where all the boy could say was its just a big dream .It still amazes me to see all them fish and how big they are .We had 4kg flathead hitting the pilchards as soon as they hit the water , at 1 stage we had 4 sitting there on top of each other .Even got to see a 3kg snapper hit the pilly , what a sight .

We headed home and had to do all the cleaning on sunday ,WHEN IT WASNT WINDY :ranting2:post-9468-062672900 1347263034_thumb.jpg

post-9468-076123300 1347262918_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a great day out. Heaps of fish and time with your son.

Is Husky creek where it runs into JB near that little bridge and fishing is not allowed? Are there just lots of fish hanging out there? Or is it a facility/attraction of some kind? Sounds really interesting.

Hey Funny,

Long time no hear from you.

I guessed you would have been busy with work.

I reckon your kids would have driven you nuts in the last 4 months to take them for a fish.

And the proof of the nuttiness is that you went out in 40 knot winds with 1.5m surge...

I'm sure you should rename your boat to "NorthWestern" or "Time Bandit", or Kodiak or Ramblin Rose or Cornelia Marie or any of the DEADLIEST CATCH boats.

Only them guys aren't scared by hurricane force winds to make their catch.

Nice size on the bream mate - even the mullet are decent fish as well.

Yeah I've seen those snapper and big flatties in that pond - woulda love to wet a line in there....

I haven't been in the bay for ages as well.

Last trip I did was in the river a month ago - not many bream but the salmon in there made it interesting for me.

Just itching for a reasonable weather day to go and see if there is any life on my grounds.

I'm sick and tired of buying Atlantic salmon, barramundi, pink ling, etc - I want some REAL fish.

Give me bream'n'whiting anyday !

Tony

Edited by Keflapod

Sounds like a great day out. Heaps of fish and time with your son.

Is Husky creek where it runs into JB near that little bridge and fishing is not allowed? Are there just lots of fish hanging out there? Or is it a facility/attraction of some kind? Sounds really interesting.

Yes mate its a facility where you can feed the fish , we have been feeding them for years .You can buy food or just take leftovers to feed them .

Hey Funny,

Long time no hear from you.

I guessed you would have been busy with work.

I reckon your kids would have driven you nuts in the last 4 months to take them for a fish.

And the proof of the nuttiness is that you went out in 40 knot winds with 1.5m surge...

I'm sure you should rename your boat to "NorthWestern" or "Time Bandit", or Kodiak or Ramblin Rose or Cornelia Marie or any of the DEADLIEST CATCH boats.

Only them guys aren't scared by hurricane force winds to make their catch.

Nice size on the bream mate - even the mullet are decent fish as well.

Yeah I've seen those snapper and big flatties in that pond - woulda love to wet a line in there....

I haven't been in the bay for ages as well.

Last trip I did was in the river a month ago - not many bream but the salmon in there made it interesting for me.

Just itching for a reasonable weather day to go and see if there is any life on my grounds.

I'm sick and tired of buying Atlantic salmon, barramundi, pink ling, etc - I want some REAL fish.

Give me bream'n'whiting anyday !

Tony

It was a good catch in bad conditions , poor water temp too . You have fished gentlemen times this year , the weather has warmed up , get out there Tony , the bream are waiting .