A few nice blackies from the Avoca rocks today

Ray R

:biggrin2: Hi Raiders, been a while since my last post so thought it was about time for another.

Had a nice hour or two around the rocks this arvo, blackfish were the target fish and

after a little bit of enticment in the form of some chopped up weed they were soon on

the chew.

They were not thick but enough to keep me happy, they preferred the stringy stuff today

and were happy to chomp at my offerings.

The conditions were a tad sketchy with the swell and high tide but still okay where I was.

So that was my arvo, very nice not to have those bloody westerly's blowing for a change.

Took a few shots with my new Samsung Galaxy phone and I was surprised at how good they

turned out.

Anyway that's it, enjoy the short read and the pics.. :thumbup:

Nice wash for the blackies

post-3371-081559800 1347350361_thumb.jpg

Must have footwear

post-3371-080094800 1347350393_thumb.jpg

In the net

post-3371-096733900 1347350412_thumb.jpg

Blackie gear and fish

post-3371-074773100 1347350430_thumb.jpg

My attempt at a selfy (hah)

post-3371-083320100 1347350443_thumb.jpg

A beautiful arvo

post-3371-080285200 1347350463_thumb.jpg

Great work ray! Looking forward to the action at the rocks in the summer, on the other hand I bet I'm not the only one so its going to be crowded. Just got back from a beach session at avoca with 2 nice salmon landed. Loving the cc life style!! Top work on making the 3000 milestone :)

Gatts

Hi ray,

Nice way to spend a couple of hours. Well done.

I have not seen the footwear you showed in the picture before. Could you post another couple of pics showing it in more detail, and a description of what it is and where to get it?

After years of rock fishing I'm still looking for the best non slip gear:

# the old cleats are pretty tough on the feet/ankles, especially if the rock surface is uneven or worse honeycombed

# the rubber boots with wires are OK but expensive and the wires wear out pretty quickly

# the plastic sandals are ok but slip on the slime.

KB

Edited by Koalaboi

Good work Ray. Westerlies are great where I fish, but it does make for very clear water. Nice to be in the sun though, protected from the wind by the high cliffs. I am still on my original (30 yr old) stainless cleats and some form of cleat is a must when fishing rocks where there is weed or swell. Congrats on your catch.

Hi ray,

Nice way to spend a couple of hours. Well done.

I have not seen the footwear you showed in the picture before. Could you post another couple of pics showing it in more detail, and a description of what it is and where to get it?

After years of rock fishing I'm still looking for the best non slip gear:

# the old cleats are pretty tough on the feet/ankles, especially if the rock surface is uneven or worse honeycombed

# the rubber boots with wires are OK but expensive and the wires wear out pretty quickly

# the plastic sandals are ok but slip on the slime.

KB

Check out our rockfishing section for some safety tips

CLICK HERE