Sydney Harbour

plummo

Hi Guy's

I'm looking at changing my habit this weekend.

Normally I put a line in the Hawksbury/Broken Bay and Cowan Creek.

I want to have a potter around Sydney Harbour and need help finding a spot to anchor up overnight and

a boat ramp in the Parra area ( I'm from the Blacktown district).

I have a 4.5m runabout and not sure what areas would be suitable.

Cheers in advance.

Clive

By the sounds of you'll be fishing baits for jews and big flathead am i right? I'd be looking at Middle Harbour if i were you. Very deep area with some great spots! The best for anchoring up overnight would be around Sugarloaf Bay, Pickering Point and near the Spit. Sugarloaf Point is generally okay for Jews and flatties this time of year. Just sound around and find a nice hole or drop off. Yakkas can be caught around Balmoral Island fairly easily with a little burley. Squid in the same area but if you specifically want squid then Middle Head is good.

Good luck!

Tom

Hi mate. I think the harbour might surprise you. A good ramp is ermington off wharf rd. cruise down past the bridge ( about 25 min at 40km hr) and anchor near the wreck on the eastern side of Clarke island in 14m of water. Berley works well. Fish the bottom for Jew etc with pillies and livies of possible. Can get by catch of flatties ( caught some cracker ones here in the day on pillies), bream etc. smallish reef of shark Island is good too. Try the deep water off George's head too it can have some ok fish there ( hit and miss for me )and it's deep there. Drifting off the northern wedding cake with nippers on the drop off you can pick up flatties but beware of the bigger boats. Anchoring off quarantine bay at night has opportunity for anything but can get sloppy in bad weather. Lots of people have good things to say about middle harbour but i have not spent much time there so my info is limited. Tunks park ramp is good for here but the wreck off seaforth bluff is a good location which i have had some luck atMight see you out there as I am going out Saturday arvo. Good luck.

Edited by cant catch any

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guy's, sorry for the late reply.

Went out with my brother Sat morning and got back Sun arvo.

Bought a map and took off. Put in at Silverwater (first mistake):ranting2:

Spent most of Sat around middle harbour for a doughnut.

Spent the night around sugarloaf bay for another doughnut.

Up early on Sunday and explored around the harbour for a Doughnut.

Looked at sow and pigs but was not sure if I needed a reef or sand anchor (only had a sand)

Spent the rest of the day stopping here and there for 0's.

Got back to the ramp at LOW TIDE :1badmood:

Had really great time over the 2 days and the moral of the story is, I should have listened to cant catch any then I would not have had to get down to my undies to get the boat back on the trailer. Next time I'll go to Ermington, cheers guy's

Hi guy's, sorry for the late reply.

Went out with my brother Sat morning and got back Sun arvo.

Bought a map and took off. Put in at Silverwater (first mistake):ranting2:

Spent most of Sat around middle harbour for a doughnut.

Spent the night around sugarloaf bay for another doughnut.

Up early on Sunday and explored around the harbour for a Doughnut.

Looked at sow and pigs but was not sure if I needed a reef or sand anchor (only had a sand)

Spent the rest of the day stopping here and there for 0's.

Got back to the ramp at LOW TIDE :1badmood:

Had really great time over the 2 days and the moral of the story is, I should have listened to cant catch any then I would not have had to get down to my undies to get the boat back on the trailer. Next time I'll go to Ermington, cheers guy's

Sounds like one of my fishing trips