Where can I get some flies?

Jew Stalker

I am living up at Woodford in the blue mountains and I am just curious where I may be able to purchase some quality flies? To be honest I know nothing about them but don't want to get dodgy ones so preferably a shop who can advise me on what is what. Any advice will be extremely helpful.

Thanks.

Luc.

what sort of flies are you after? Trout, saltwater, where will you be fishing and with what sort of gear?

You'll probably get better advice on the patterns and types you want here in the forums and then we can point you in the right direction to get hold of some. The next thing to do is learn to tie them and tailor flies to exactly what you need.

Cheers, Slinky

what sort of flies are you after? Trout, saltwater, where will you be fishing and with what sort of gear?

You'll probably get better advice on the patterns and types you want here in the forums and then we can point you in the right direction to get hold of some. The next thing to do is learn to tie them and tailor flies to exactly what you need.

Cheers, Slinky

Hi Slinky, I will either be having them trailing behind a bubble float, and in front of tassie devils and hardbody's on a 1-3kg spin outfit with a 1000 reel. Jew Hunter suggested wooly buggers and Stewy suggested them also along with " a bright indicater wool and a nymph suspended about a metre or so below the indicator".

I will be fishing mostly Lake Lyell, Wang, TCD and perhaps even Oberon. I would love to learn how to make them sometime but for now I need to learn what they are etc. Trout fishing is entirely new to me... I'm giving it some serious study and practice though.

Cheers muchly.

and in front of tassie devils and hardbody's on a 1-3kg

Don't you mean behind the hardbody? Deadly technique when run behind minnows (yes and even Tassies :1prop:), wouldn't see it working as effectively when in front of the hardbody though?

My Dad used to use the bubble float with a Fly, never was very successful though. Have heard it work though.

Cheers

Windy

Hey Mate, Give Crazy Dan a PM...he ties flies that work...my cracking rainbow from Thompsons last Sat was on one of his buggers and he has been consistantly catching good numbers on his flies all season up your way.

cheers,

corbs